Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

koshkin - anyone?

mortal

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, wasn't that the issue with the bright red cover and an image of Lenin with a guitar, the "Guitar in the U.S.S.R."-issue? That's taking me back, that was within the first half-year that I had moved to the city of Rochester, NY (US)...

I think that was a ten-string classical-piece, right? Lemmee (no, not "Lemmy" from Motorhead, "lemmee" as in "let me") ;):D I say, lemmee go look for that one...

This may take a while...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Ok! I found it. And believe it or not, my Soundpage is not only intact, it's in the magazine! I'll have to find a record player to listen to this on. :D

What?? Oh! It was simply titled, "Guitar".

And the issue was not the Rockin' in the USSR issue. The cover story was "Amps! - Special Edition".

Hope that helps.

{edit: Koshkin is pictured with a 10 string classical, though the text fails to mention whether the song and transcription are written for 6 string or 10. :confused: Also, there is mention of the upcoming month's issue, which was the USSR Guitar issue, as having in depth interviews with Koshkin and other Soviet musicians. {end edit.}

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Thanks, Neil! I was terin' up the place, lookin' for that one... to think that I would've had the wrong one, anyways!

Now, was that the issue with the cheesey graphics representing the speaker, grille, and controls of a guitar amp on the cover? And, was that the issue withthe "Shoot-Out" article that included a then unknown entrant wearing the name, "Matchless"?

Or was that still another old late-'80s/early-'90s issue that I'm thinking of?

(I shoulda bought those binders and had 'em all in order on shelves, instead of in randomly ordered stacks, huh?)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived