Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Making my Christmas list...

Compact Diss

The question has come,

"What do you want for Christmas?"

Hmmm....

How about locking tuners? Sperzel? Anyone use these?

I have all the guitars I want and need(Agile Cool Cat on a UPS truck right now!). I have the effects box, I have the amps.

I was thinking of maybe a new tuner? Korg?

What's on your list?

Yes, there is a price limit...

:wave:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah sperzels are great, i have 'em on my pacifica.

see....

Boyd\'s Sperzels

sperzels have a thinner thumb screw on the rear and i believe it is to prevent over tightening. if you try to crank on these it hurts the fingertips. if there is one thing us apes understand it is pain.

i have too many things i want for Christmas. i will post again when i give it more thought.

I'm done screwing about.... I'm gonna get an Edirol FA-101 recording interface for my laptop. Every time I turn around I wish I had one and I'm tired of that regrettable feeling.

Ya got that Santa? E-D-I-R-O-L F-A 1-0-1.

I'll leave you a couple cold beers next to the pretzels :D

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bump the thread.

I've made my decision, nothing much. I have needed a microphone stand for a long time. I'm tired of resting the mic on the table or hanging it off my music stand, always struggling to get in a position for the best sound.. Mic stand it is!

How about you!

you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout...

1st grade. My son comes home and tells me that there really is no Santa, it's the parents who buy the presents...

I won't even go into detail about all the other things he has come home and said...kids are growing up too quick too soon these days...

My wife and I are now working to convince him otherwise...

man that sucks when you have to deal with stuff other kids (and parents) pass on to your children.

about a month ago my neighbours dughter came over and informed us she had just watched Freddie versus Jason! she is 7 years old! you gotta wonder where some parents heads are. :(

So far, I just want a decent ($200 or less) large-diaphram condenser mic. And maybe a pre-amp to go with it.

A Hohner "Golden Melody" in G or C.

One of those nice all-leather Fender guitar straps like Sting was using in the "Brand New Day" concert DVD.

Oh, and a Roland VS2480, but I don't think "Santa" thinks I've been THAT good.

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

I can't get any gear this Christmas. I have to buy a $1200 camera for photojournalism. It's sort of a present to myself, but my parents are taking a home equity loan out of their bank account for it, so I greatly appreciate that. Needless to say, it should be very cool. I think the best part is, since my dad has a deep interest in photography, it's something he and I can do together. We've had a really rocky relationship my whole life, so this is sort of like a peace offering and starting over gift.
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by revolead:

I can't get any gear this Christmas. I have to buy a $1200 camera for photojournalism. It's sort of a present to myself, but my parents are taking a home equity loan out of their bank account for it, so I greatly appreciate that. Needless to say, it should be very cool. I think the best part is, since my dad has a deep interest in photography, it's something he and I can do together. We've had a really rocky relationship my whole life, so this is sort of like a peace offering and starting over gift.

Which one did you choose in the end, Rev??

After the year we've had, just a quiet, peaceful Christmas with my family is all I want. Me & my Dad have bought my youngest sister an acoustic tho, she has been picking up bits at uni. so am looking forward to (trying) to teach her something on that :)

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

The problem with my Christmas wish-list is that most of the things on it are way too expensive for me to ask anyone for. :eek: So I'm forced to purchase them for myself throughout the year, ;) and I usually just have a list of books and CD's that I suggest to my family for Christmas presents. :)

Originally posted by Chris_C:

Originally posted by Dave da Dude:

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

Santa is pissed off at me right now.

Me too :o

I actually got coal in my stocking when I was a kid :cry:

you'll have a diamond in a million years.

a gift with foresight! :D

:D:thu::D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by BiC:

quote:

Me too
:o

I actually got coal in my stocking when I was a kid
:cry:

a gift with foresight!
:D
:D:thu::D

I'm going to be the glass is half-empty guy and say that's next to impossible.

Diamonds are pure carbon formed deep inside the earth at pressures and temperatures that coal can never achieve. Coal is a hydrocarbon that forms as a result of ancient swamp or carboniferous environments that are eventually compressed and over time, produces coal. If you keep squeezing lousy coal, you get better coal. At best Dave, you'll be getting more energy-efficient coal after a million years.

Shut up and play.

Originally posted by BiC:

quote:

quote:

Me too :o

I actually got coal in my stocking when I was a kid :cry:

a gift with foresight! :D

:D:cry:

Originally posted by Base:

Originally posted by Base:

Which one did you choose in the end, Rev??

Nikon D70.
Cool! Make sure you post some samples :thu:
I will, and then, I'll finally have some pics of my guitars, since it has said I would on my website for 6 months. :rolleyes:
Shut up and play.

Archived