Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another VERY basic amp question

Darcy H

I've got a Marshall MG15DFX for my daughter, and looking for a Fender tube amp for myself.

Rather than go through the trouble of driving to the local shop I figured I ask you guys.....

With the Marshall MG15DFX you can switch to overdrive and adjust the gain for that rock/blues crunch. I've noticed on the Fender Blues Junior and the 65 Deluxe Reverb there is no "overdrive" that I can see, yet the HotRod Deluxe offers More Drive. How does one get that "crunch" with the Blues Junior or Deluxe Reverb?

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hfx_Buzz:

How does one get that "crunch" with the Blues Junior or Deluxe Reverb?

The Blues Jr has one Volume nob and a Master Volume nob. If you turn up the Volume nob all the way, you'll be getting plenty of gain. Then, as you turn up the Master Volume, you get even more distortion.

With the Deluxe Reverb, you can only get distortion by making it very loud.

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

You just turn 'em up! :)

open up the guitar volume all the way, then turn up the guitar gain to the point where you can just barely stand any hum (if there is any). You will get crunch even at lower amp volumes. The idea, I think, is to overload the tubes. Thus, distortion.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Great stuff guys. It seems the Hot Rod Deluxe has pretty much the same tubes as the Blues Junior with significantly more wattage and features (master and volume as well) so I may go that route.

This should be a seperate post but anything specific to look for if I go used in a tube amp???

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

Hfx_Buzz, WELCOME to the Guitar Forum :wave:

This should be a seperate post but anything specific to look for if I go used in a tube amp???
An honest seller :D

Seriously! ;)

I don't know about you, but I can tell when someone is BSing me. I may not be able to put my finger on it, but I can tell. If you think you're being scammed, you probably are.

Beyond that, I most definetly not an amp expert, so I'll let the experts here tell you what to look for in the amp itself.

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived