Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gilmore's gear for live Dark Side..

Shoes

I'll post only a link to this scan I made from Guitarist because it's about 270k and more than I typically upload for public viewing. It was from the 30th anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon special that did a track by track analysis and included this image.

I've got another 30 years to reread it and gawk at the pictures so.... share it fairly.... but dont take a slice of my pie:D

Dark Gear

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was fortunate to be a member of a band that played atmospheric music. Actually Dark Side of The Moon and after was pretty tame stuff compared to earlier and Syd Barrett period Floyd. He was there for that too.

Mojo magazine has done a couple of excellent Pink Floyd issues. One a couple of years ago on TDSOTM and recently on the entire Floyd history. I love Gilmour and TDSOTM, not a major Floyd fan in gerneral, but it's fascinating reading. You've got to see the recent pic of Syd Barrent...sad....

I taped a documentary (I think it was on VH1) about Sid and it included lots of conversation from band members, friends and the like. It was sad to hear what happened and it reminded me of some close friends who were pulled away from music as they battled adolescent schizophrenia and other issues. I've watched and waited as my buddy tuned his guitar for hours just swearing over and over in a rage about a guitar that was to our ears perfectly fine.

It doesn't completely parallel this situation but the balance of creative genius vs lost soul seems to tip the wrong way when drugs come into the picture.

We seldom appreciate those who are lost from the music or art world not to a physical death but rather death of another sort. :(

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Archived