Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stompbox tuners.

Marc_Lafrance

Hey all! It's been a while since I've been on here but I need some suggestions. My band plays in Eb and Im looking for a stompbox tuner. What would you guys reccomend? I was looking at the Boss tu-2 and the fender stompbox tuner. I have no other pedals right now I just go straight into my amp. I am skeptical about the fender tuner because it looks like it would only be good for standard. Im not sure about the tu-2. Sadly none of the music stores in my city are any good and don't carry the boss tu-2 readily in stock. So any reccomendations would be appreciated.
"What's with these new bands, everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." -Homer Simpson

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't put a tuner between gtr and amp, i just go from the "preamp out" of my Hotrod Deluxe in the tuner - that's it, NO return, the amp keeps working, the tuner doesn't mess with my tone - of course you canonly do this if you don't have anything else in the effects loop
- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Some amp's effects loops will work with nothing in the "return", some might not. Some interupt the signal from pre-amp to power-amp. Try before you commit!

They're quite pricey, but the ultimate pedal-style tuner is definitely the Peterson Strobo Stomp. I know that it'll be my next tuner- probably after Christmas (gotta spend money on other people then, right?) ;) , perhaps as a "Birthday Present" to my self. (Magic rings are a bit scarce these days... ) ;):D

Do a search on this Guitar Forum for "Peterson", "Strobo Stomp", "tuner", etc. There was a lot of (satisfied) discussion hereabouts on the Peterson tuners a while back.

By the way, good to see you around again, Marc!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

My bassist and I both bought Korg DT-10 tuners about eight months ago.

We like them... they're dead solid (made of steel), they have a lighted display, will tune to half-steps, have two output options (mute or parallel), run on batteries or AC and they don't seem to load down our signal chains at all. They run about $80-$90, depending on where ya look.

Like I said, they work for us.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived