Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Played the new Boogie today...

picker

Guitar Source here in KC got in a Boogie Stilleto (head and 4x12), ad I plugged into it today. It's their first all-EL34 amp, and it was really neat. 3 voicings for each channel, great clean tone, killer crunch, and a variable solo boost for both channels.

Very coool.

Also got to hook up one of the handwired Marshalls, the ones with the offset panel on the front. Wow. Great tone, really full and rich sounding even turned down, but I couldn't turn it up loud enough to make it really skronk. Would really like to push that head to see what it would do.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tedster HoffMunster:

I'll hafta get over there and check those out. I like that store.

BTW...I'm hitting Blayney's next Tuesday for the Blue 88 jam. If you're not doing anything, stop on by...

Where do you park for that? It always seems like there aren't any spots on Pennsylvania/Westport.

I always either park on Broadway near the Hurricane...or sometimes in the big lot behind the Westport Coffeehouse (adjacent to Sun Fresh). A bit of a walk, but, not bad with just a geetar case.

You're right, parking is a beeyotch down there.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Fortunately, Blue 88 has two guitarists, so there's always at least one open amp, depending on if both Sue and Mark sit out. I don't mind hauling a guitar to an open jam I'm not getting paid for, but, lugging an amp in, especially when you have to park a couple of blocks away, sucks.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

It just struck me that today is "next" Tuesday. What is the protocal - a sign-up list for time slots or for instrument slots? i.e. Is it open mic or more jam oriented? Are there horn players? What's the starting time? I doubt I'll come tonight, but might try to make it another Tuesday if this is a regular thing. I'm off work again, so I may try to get to a few events like this. After an open mic in Santa Fe a couple of years ago, I thought about writing a book about jams and open mics. They all have unique chemistries.

I saw Blue 88 here last year and they were so tight. The best concert experience I ever had was New Year's Eve of '72 in New Orleans. The headline act was the Allman Brothers Band just recently minus Duane. Some of that performance ended up on Live at the Fillmore East . Blue 88 nailed some of those songs and gave me a ride back to that night. I'm not in their league musically, but I do know my limits.

I've never been to Blayney's, but have been to the Westport area many times.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by henrysb3:

It just struck me that today is "next" Tuesday. What is the protocal - a sign-up list for time slots or for instrument slots? i.e. Is it open mic or more jam oriented? Are there horn players? What's the starting time? I doubt I'll come tonight, but might try to make it another Tuesday if this is a regular thing.

I've never been to Blaney's, but I'm pretty sure it's a regular thing. Tedster can tell you the details, I don't really know.

Archived