Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Danelectro Fab Tone distortion

tele9001

I got this pedal from a buddy two or three years ago, but had never played it. I was digging through some pedals this evening, and decided to plug it in.

This thing has an ENORMOUS amount of gain! It's absolutely ridiculously glorious in an 80's-metal kind of way. It has bass and treble controls, and with the bass cranked and the treble at about 10:00, the sound is absolutely molten. I don't know how usable it actually is for me, but it made me laugh and want to play dropped-D hyper-speed chunk riffs for about an hour. As far as cleaning up, it doesn't. It's either distorted as heck, or distorted as hell.

Anyone else enjoyed this fuzz-monster?

have a nice day

tele9001

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had one. I tried one at a guitar show, loved it...bought one a bit later. Plugged it in at home and it was like... :confused::( For some reason I didn't dig it too much.

I traded it to a guy for a Boss Tremolo/Pan pedal. I get a lot more mileage out of that.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I think I know what you mean. I plugged it into my old Music Man half-stack (after I was using my classic50 to have the experience I recounted above). It sounded absolutely ghastly and totally unusable through the bigger amp. Dunno.

have a nice day

tele

Archived