Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arlinton,TX guitar show and G.A.S.

Gruupi

Well I went to the guitar show last weekend and was impressed. I haven't wanted a new guitar in years. I messed around with a Collins cedar top fingerpicking guitar that blew me away. Of course it was in a big noisy room so it was hard to judge. What impressed me was the playablity as well as tone. It felt right on my right hand unlike most steel strings.

The bad thing is that it is very expensive $4500.

The dealer is 300 miles away from Dallas also so playing the guitar in a differnt environment is going to be tough. Its probbaly to quiet to be a good gig guitar and is definatly not made for strumming or loud playing. I guess I am glad that my credit card limit is less than $4500 or I would have had a harder time passing on it. I can afford the thing but my god is that alot of money.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gruupi:

Well I went to the guitar show last weekend and was impressed. I haven't wanted a new guitar in years. I messed around with a Collins cedar top fingerpicking guitar that blew me away. Of course it was in a big noisy room so it was hard to judge. What impressed me was the playablity as well as tone. It felt right on my right hand unlike most steel strings.

The bad thing is that it is very expensive $4500.

The dealer is 300 miles away from Dallas also so playing the guitar in a differnt environment is going to be tough. Its probbaly to quiet to be a good gig guitar and is definatly not made for strumming or loud playing. I guess I am glad that my credit card limit is less than $4500 or I would have had a harder time passing on it. I can afford the thing but my god is that alot of money.

No way would I spend $4500 without testing that guitar in quiet air. That's a lot of money but a few months ago, I played a $3200 Martin that changed everything. THAT is what it's all about. I don't mean Martin, I mean ANY guitar as good as it was. I'm no huge Martin fan but this sucker was incredible. If I had $3200 spare, I would have bought it. It is in another league for playability. My fingers just flew over the fretboard. Like butter. Amazing.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived