Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

amp problem

jluckie3

ok so what i have is a mid 90's blues DeVille 212, when it is working it sounds awesome, my problem that i am having is when i push the amp at all i get this crackle, and when pushed harder, it locks into this loud annoying buzz and i cant hear the guitar at all. any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jluckie3:

ok so what i have is a mid 90's blues DeVille 212, when it is working it sounds awesome, my problem that i am having is when i push the amp at all i get this crackle, and when pushed harder, it locks into this loud annoying buzz and i cant hear the guitar at all. any ideas?

Not being familiar with the DeVille, is it ss or tube? Also, when you say push, do you mean crank up the volume or crank up the gain, or both?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by jluckie3:

I have a Blues DeVille. It still has killer tone. I only use the clean channel.

If you've never changed the tubes, it is probably time. Change all of them.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you may have a problem I'd experienced about a year ago. You'll need an experienced amp repair tech to fix it. Something comes apart in the circuit board. When the amp heats up to running temperature, the split expands and the amp effectively shuts off.

Good luck!

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

Archived