Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your stake webe123?

Shoes

Take this in offence if you wish but I'd rather you simply answer the question.

Who do you work for or represent or what or who has instilled such an enormous dislike for Gibson & Fender or in some sense, any large instrument industry conglomerate that you continuously post threads that dwell on their business.

I take it you don't own a Fender or Gibson product and most likely not any Yamahas either.

Choice is free... make your own.

Every new post you've contributed is obsessed with this topic and it's starting to smell like SPAM!

I think for the rest of us who care a whole lot less about how it got into our hands as how it plays you should come clean on who pissed in your Cornflakes! :D

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I ran a search on all webe123's posts and I didn't find anything overtly offensive. He does seem to dislike big companies but he hasn't been doing any hate filled and nasty bashing. Sounds like he's just contributing some of his thoughts. His take on Gibson and Fender seems to be that they hurt the little guys. I don't know if that's true or not, it just seems to be his take and that's ok to have that outlook. Look at all the MS haters we have on this forum. Shoot, I don't know. I probably wouldn't back him into a corner over that.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Dead Man's Shoes:

Take this in offence if you wish but I'd rather you simply answer the question.

Who do you work for or represent or what or who has instilled such an enormous dislike for Gibson & Fender or in some sense, any large instrument industry conglomerate that you continuously post threads that dwell on their business.

I take it you don't own a Fender or Gibson product and most likely not any Yamahas either.

Choice is free... make your own.

Originally posted by Dead Man's Shoes:D
Listen jerk....I don't have to give you any answer at all if I don't want to....just who the HELL do you think you are to tell ME what to post or not to post in this forum??....stick to your business and I will stick to mine!

Next time you attack me like this in a public forum, you WILL be reported to a MOD! You got that straight? (If you believe that I am kidding....just try it!) Now you created this thread to attack me and I am not going to stand for it.

Oh, and by the way...you don't have to read ANY of my posts if you don't want to.. so what is your problem? Just IGNORE my threads if you don't like what I am posting! Or if you are offended and think I am actually SPAMMING...take it to a MOD! Quite frankly...I wish you would!

ALSO...I am just a person that owns guitars and am as passionate about it as you are...so don't go off telling me what I should and should not post!

As far as not LIKING FENDER or GIBSON?? I OWN a 1989 Gibson Les Paul "the paul" SL... as well as a 2001 Fender American Standard Strat. I also own a 2001 PRS Mcarty soapbar guitar. (not LIKE these companies?? I would be pretty stupid to buy their products ...don't you think?) If you would have ASKED me, instead of attacking me, I would have told you. Quit making judgements of me you know nothing about!

I DO NOT work for ANY guitar company PERIOD! I only am interested with some of the developments in some of the companies (like the PRS lawsuit and the Gibson situation) and wanted to share my thoughts with the people on this board. Nothing wrong with that as far as I can tell...and they don't treat me like you do and attack me for my views. So again, if you do not like me, or my posts, find another thread to post in!

Every new post you've contributed is obsessed with this topic and it's starting to smell like SPAM!

I think for the rest of us who care a whole lot less about how it got into our hands as how it plays you should come clean on who pissed in your Cornflakes! :D

As far as my posts...GO BACK AND READ THEM! You will find that I have only stated my opinion on certian companies and others have stated theirs.

Have I agreed with everyone on every post?...No. Have they agreed with me on every post? No. BUT...we respect each other enough to appreciate a different view....something which you obviously have a problem grasping.

Now again and for the last time, you had BETTER watch your posting attacking me . I have done nothing to you as far as I can tell and you make a post aimed specifically at me... accusing me of things that YOU are clueless about!

If you think what I have posted is SPAM, then sorry I don't agree. Mabye that is your problem....you expect everyone to agree with YOU and when they do not, you attack them. But weather or not you think it is SPAM or not... that is not the issue. You have NO RIGHT to make a specific post, JUST to attack me. And don't try to say that this is not an attack...it IS!

You got a problem with me? Fine....lets PM each other and get it worked out or let one of the Mods make the call as to weather or not I am spanmming the boards, but as far as you being my judge....I will have none of it. Now...we can play this one of two ways....you can attack me again and I can call a mod in and we can all have a go at it.....or...we can both CALM DOWN and realize that this is going no where. You make the call. But choose wisely.

i am guilty of voicing my opinion in those threads as well, i want to go on the record that i don't care for some of gibsons decisions. but i still like les pauls and strats. i didn't really notice anything different in these threads, i just took it as news items. don't get all worked up guys. you are all part of our family. peace :D

i have been guilty of bashing corporations on many an occasion. did i offend anyone?

Originally posted by cwfno:

So, I ran a search on all webe123's posts and I didn't find anything overtly offensive. He does seem to dislike big companies but he hasn't been doing any hate filled and nasty bashing. Sounds like he's just contributing some of his thoughts. His take on Gibson and Fender seems to be that they hurt the little guys. I don't know if that's true or not, it just seems to be his take and that's ok to have that outlook. Look at all the MS haters we have on this forum. Shoot, I don't know. I probably wouldn't back him into a corner over that.

Thank you for that! I am glad someone understands what I am trying to do. I do not hate any guitar company....I do think that some of their policies are offensive to smaller dealers, but it does not affect me, unless you are talking about how it affects a customer.

I just don't understand a whole post directed solely on me. To everyone on this baord, I don't think I have had any hate twords any guitar company....but if it sounded that way....I apologise. Things can get heated when you talk about something you are passionate about, even when they are doing things you don't agree with. But to say I would hate a company for that? NO! Sorry if there is any misunderstanding.

if you go back and check some of those threads you will find i am quite vocal as well. i like the information and discussion of these news items. i may despise a corporate decision but i hold no grudge against a product or the people who make it.

hell i just love everybody :D

don't worry i aint gonna kiss you guys :eek:

Originally posted by WolfZan:

if you go back and check some of those threads you will find i am quite vocal as well. i like the information and discussion of these news items. i may despise a corporate decision but i hold no grudge against a product or the people who make it.

hell i just love everybody :D

don't worry i aint gonna kiss you guys :eek:

That is exactly the way I feel Wolfzan. I treat it as news.....I may not agree with it....but that is what it is....news. And I too, enjoyed the discussions that took place and learned a lot.

Originally posted by webe123:

Thank you for that! I am glad someone understands what I am trying to do. I do not hate any guitar company....I do think that some of their policies are offensive to smaller dealers, but it does not affect me, unless you are talking about how it affects a customer.

I just don't understand a whole post directed solely on me. To everyone on this baord, I don't think I have had any hate twords any guitar company....but if it sounded that way....I apologise. Things can get heated when you talk about something you are passionate about, even when they are doing things you don't agree with. But to say I would hate a company for that? NO! Sorry if there is any misunderstanding.

Well, you are welcome, but your next post where you decided to backlash with "listen you jerk" just made me wish I'd not defended you. Take the high road. It always makes the other guy look like a fool.

bbach

Originally posted by webe123:

Well, you are welcome, but your next post where you decided to backlash with "listen you jerk" just made me wish I'd not defended you. Take the high road. It always makes the other guy look like a fool.
I am sorry you were offended, but I do not like to be attacked in public like that. He had no right to do it and there was no reason for it. But anyway, you are right. I will try to take a calmer approach next time....though you should have seen what I really wanted to call him. What I posted was very mild......

:rolleyes:

Are you guys being nice to each other yet?

I know I don't have to click on this post and don't have to see this anymore. But, the fact that this even appeared in this forum is a real drag.

Rolling Stones, not sticks or stones . . .

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

Originally posted by The Vinerator:

:rolleyes:

Are you guys being nice to each other yet?

I know I don't have to click on this post and don't have to see this anymore. But, the fact that this even appeared in this forum is a real drag..

Remember that Political Correctness is a weakness not a strength. Forums are for discussion and I wanted to provide an opportunity for an expanded discussion.

It might have turned into a "drag". I thought it was a question. The door was open for a civil answer or a freak out. I understood this when I wrote the question and figured I'd tip the scales heavily in one direction of the other.

I'll apologize to the other members of the GF forum who felt this was a distasteful tactic and or question that tarnished an individual's character.

You don't know if I work for Yorkville Sound who's the sole Canadian representative for Gibson in Canada... Perhaps I eat, sleep and breath Gibson for a living!

Is that any stranger than asking somebody to stop badmouthing the U.S. military for the sake of an individual who happens to serve? It might simply be viewed as a "job" by some but certainly not others.

Knowing where a person stands is one thing appreciating why and respecting it is something that requires a bit of explanation.

If I don't deserve an explanation perhaps my respect isn't what he's interested in and I doubt that he is.

Interestingly I was expecting an intelligent answer so I could respect his interests.

Perhaps he didn't want this either.

I'm just a peaceful guy who's curious. :)

Dead Man's Shoes -

Your post that started the thread was taking someone to task for what you were able to supposedly glean from their stated opinions. And that TITLE - that's kind of singling someone out just for having their own opinions. Not TOO lawyeresque yet. But then you impugn their opinions are somehow dirty because of their employment?

What kind of reaction would you expect from that ploy. It's 50% probability someone won't take too kindly to that kind of witness leading. Perhaps you should step back and try it again with a little less sublimated hostility.

If I don't deserve an explanation perhaps my respect isn't what he's interested in and I doubt that he is.

Interestingly I was expecting an intelligent answer so I could respect his interests.

Perhaps he didn't want this either.

I'm just a peaceful guy who's curious. :)

Your post was not directed at me. Therefore, I couldn't have taken it personally. However, as a third party, not personally involved, I perceived your original post as a challenge, a taunt, and a bit aggressive. You started off by saying "Take this in offence [sic] if you wish but I'd rather you simply answer the question" implying that you might predict that he'd be offended.

You then said that his posts are "starting to smell like SPAM." If you'd said that to me, I'd be a bit offended as SPAM is something that is considered inappropriate to this forum.

Finally, you end with "you should come clean on who pissed in your Cornflakes!" Put simply, that wasn't very nice.

I think you have to remember, if you are not sitting across the coffee table from someone, with an obvious smile on your face, ready to pat someone on the back, it is very easy to misconstrue your intent, if you intend to be friendly.

That having been said, webe 123, your response was a bit over the top.

I'd like it if we all play nice. I come to this forum for shared information and to find a pleasant diversion from the controversies and intellectual challenges which are part of my every day. We can challenge opinions and disagree with eachother in a civil manner.

Excuse me while I step down from my soap box. :)

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

Must be the shifts right...'cuz you post at some strange times of the night! That or it's that Wolfzan thing crawlin back from a night tearin up the town:D

No I don't work there.. it was a frame of mind thing. Considering all things to be potential would this change the way you think or express yourself.

Given the anonimity of this arena, do you ever know who you're possibly offending. As individuals we all define our own line in the sand & as a group we temper that.

Appreciating that I could work for Gibson (or Yorkville as reps here in Canada) my post aimed to be as, but not more intollerable to him as his were to somebody. Not necessarily me because I honestly don't care... nor do I suffer from O.C.D.! :D

Happy Saturday everyone... :thu:

i am a shift worker so my sleep paterns are pretty well messed up. night time is daytime to me. i have always been a night owl. i like the quiet (except when it is shattered by loud guitars!) and peacfulness of night. if i was an animal i would definatley be nocturnal. :D

does that explain my nightposting?

Ya... the clock thing as it has been defined doesn't suite my internal clock very well.

If permitted to do so I'd be up until 3 or 4 in the morning and wake at 10 or 11 to go to work. When I get the chance to act naturally this is what happens. No amount of training seems to change this either.

Ya... the clock thing as it has been defined doesn't suite my internal clock very well.

If permitted to do so I'd be up until 3 or 4 in the morning and wake at 10 or 11 to go to work. When I get the chance to act naturally this is what happens. No amount of training seems to change this either.

In my ideal occupation, I'd work from 6am to 2pm. I love afternoons and evenings off. I like to be in bed sound asleep by 11pm and I always wake up early no matter what. Some kind of internal alarm clock I guess.

bbach

Originally posted by A String of Entrails:

Originally posted by WolfZan:

wait till she is 5, and try to get her up for school! :D

You mean, eventually they sleep?
Actually, at about 13, they forget what getting out of bed before noon is.

bbach

Archived