Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zwan....

EmptinesOf Youth

k, some of you may or may not know im a huge smashing pumpkins fan, i like alot of other stuff, lots of classic rock and 80's metal, but ive been raised and still am, on the pumpkins. They broke up around 2000 after about 13 years of playing without any breaks, album after album they never stopped. Anyway they brok up and Billy corgan formed Zwan, which consisted of Himself and the drummer from the pumpkins and a bunch of assholes who rode his name. Regaurdless, its pretty obvious the whole Zwan album was all of his ideas he just needed people to play live. Anyway ive com to listen to the CD again after a couple years, never thought much of it before but now i love it. The way everything goes together, the layer, the ideas....i strongly recomend it if you like up beat rock. Download it for all i care, no one except the label does anyway...

just thinking...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy Corgan is an incredible musician--extremely talented, and I, too, am a very big Pumpkins fan--they're among my favorites.

He is also, unfortunately, an arrogant, self-centered asshole with a God-complex. I am NOT a billy Corgan fan.

Zwan is a great album---awfully similar (in a "brighter" way) to the Pumpkins work, but I liked it.

JMO--no flames

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

--Aristotle

Hey, EoY, are you going to Billy's book signing/poetry reading on the 29th? (Downtown Borders). I think their actually selling tickets :rolleyes:

And I think you are selling the other members of Zwan short. Just because they didn't write any of the songs on that album doesn't automatically mean they are "riding his coat tails" Paz was a founding (or at least original) member of A Perfect Circle, and if you've heard any Tortoise or Chavez, you'd know that both Matt Sweeney and D. Pajo don't need to ride anyone's fame for artistic integrity. But you ARE right that Zwan is basically a solo album. He has another one about to come out, too.

"For instance" is not proof.

from what i understood about the other memebers is they got known a little better (yes paz was from APC) to the music world and started alot of side projects....im not going to the signing, i honestly didnt even buy the book, his lyrics in his songs are really really great, best ive seen, but i think i need music to accompany it...ill probably end up buying it in the future....yea Ted i know what your saying about the whining, i use to not mind it but as i get older i grow towards their softer stuff, maybe thats why im starting to like zwan more

Archived