Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PRAYERS GO OUT FOR MELISSA...

BiC

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by A String of Entrails:

I hope everything goes well for her. I saw her at Woodstock 94'. She did a full set of Janis Joplin tunes that knocked me on my ass.

I was there too! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by BiC-a-BoO:

I hope everything goes well for her. I saw her at Woodstock 94'. She did a full set of Janis Joplin tunes that knocked me on my ass.

Amazing, wasn't it? That weekend was the most amazing thing I'd ever done.

Originally posted by BiC-a-BoO:

Amazing, wasn't it? That weekend was the most amazing thing I'd ever done.
Yes! Too bad we didn't know each other then.

Maybe you saw me NAKED!?! :eek:

:D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

There were a lot of naked people there...I probably wouldn't have noticed you though because my gaze was firmly attached to the naked women that were running around. Ahhhh...naked women and great, live music.

Say BiC, Who was your favorite act there? I suppose that because you watched "Melissa", that means you also watched "CSN" and missed "The Band". Buy, I had a hell of a time deciding which one to watch. My buddy went and watched "The Band" and he said they were amazing.

I should see if I can dig out the program from back then...

Here are a few pics I took while there...Everywhere I went, people were holding up signs saying "Need Acid", "Need Pot", "Need Hash", etc. This guys sign was funny so I took a pic. That's not you is it BiC? :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/twocaraboos/ws.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/twocaraboos/wsmain.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/twocaraboos/wsmudpeople.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/twocaraboos/wsmud.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/twocaraboos/wssign.jpg

Well, I would have to say that my favorite act was Metallica since they were the main reason for me going. I also liked Green Day... for what it was worth since they cut their show short.

I bought my 2 younger sisters tickets, then they and a friend drove from Indiana and met me in Delaware. Then we drove from there. We got there late Thursday night, and left Monday afternoon.

I have tons of photos at my sister's house. I also have the entire Metallica set bootlegged that I recorded with a microcassette recorder.

Not that great of a sound, but cool nonetheless.

Remember the $8 two liter bottles of soda and the $12 Chef-Boy-AR-DEE pizzas? :P

But, we did manage to sneak some food in.

;)

I still have an empty 2 litre bottle. I already asked you about the food vendor strike right? When they got sick of it and just started throwing all of the food out for free?

I was there the whole weekend too. I showed up when "Blues Traveler" took the stage and didn't leave until the "Apocoliptic" Monday morning. Didn't it look like a bomb had gone off? I remember crawling out of my tent Monday and being shocked at how empty (And littered) it was.

I still have an empty 2 litre bottle. I already asked you about the food vendor strike right? When they got sick of it and just started throwing all of the food out for free?

I was there the whole weekend too. I showed up when "Blues Traveler" took the stage and didn't leave until the "Apocoliptic" Monday morning. Didn't it look like a bomb had gone off? I remember crawling out of my tent Monday and being shocked at how empty (And littered) it was.

I don't remember the food strike. :confused:

But I do remember ordering a fish sandwich and soda, then waited a couple minutes for them to collect my $$$. They never did, so I walked away with a free lunch. :P

Perhaps that was the strike??? But I'm sure I would have known about it if it was.

Yeah, I remember Monday morning. What a mess!!!

I also heard that even before the event began, folks "snuck" into the area and buried drugs so they would be waiting for them.

I know we talked about this before, but did you happen to catch Green Day? If I remember correctly, I believe you said no.

That was an interesting show with folks flinging mud at them, then rushing the stage. :rolleyes:

Was too young to have gone to the original. Was in Alaska for '94. Almost went to the last one...but kinda balked at the ticket price. And, as it turned out, that was a good move. I don't really like crowds that well anyhoo...and with all the mayhem...I'm glad I wasn't there.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

The food strike was at the vendors along the edge of "tent city". Along the tree line between the north and south stages. They were standing on the booths and throwing food out into the crowd.

I missed Green Day. I can't remember who I saw instead, but it did suck having to choose between bands at times.

Where were you situated? We were in a tent about three rows in from the south edge of tent city. (Towards the food vendors and the opening between the fields.)

Tedster, It was so crowded there (Front to back, side to side) that at times I would go into my tent for some open room.

Where were you situated? We were in a tent about three rows in from the south edge of tent city. (Towards the food vendors and the opening between the fields.)

Once we got there, I decided it was best to place our tent on the hill in front of the main stage in case it rained. This way we wouldn't get flooded. As we both know, it did indeed rain pretty hard.

Anyways, if the main stage is at 12 o'clock, I'd say we were situated about 9 o'clock, a little down the hill from what was the main entrance.

I knew there would be tons of tents there. So what I did to easily ID mine from "the crowd" was to buy those black/orange For Sale signs. I placed them on all sides of the tent. Some folks had flags, but I found that my idea was much better since there were a lot of flags flying. I don't remember any tents having the sort of signs I had in order to ID it from thousands of others.

Archived