Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ARGGGGGGHHHH

Guitarzan

well here is the story, i got home from the studio sunday night, my amp had to ride inside Jim's Dakota extended cab. it was a tight fit with the 4 guitar and various other stuff. anyay while digging it out of the back seat i bumped it into the front seat, this broke the reverb knob! i didn't think to much about it until i powered up today and discovered my master volume was controlling my delay time, right before the volume died altogether. CRAP!!!!!

seeing its a digital amp i can only assume that the motorised pot was somehow affected causing confusion in the amp. well upon further inspection i found a blown fuse. i won't know if thats all it is until tomorrow. i have no sound!!!!! i am going nuts. i really love this amp. this weekend i used the xlr out for tracking some guide tracks and it sounded great. i was suprised.

i sure hope its only the fuse.

i definately would be unable to get another amp this time of year.

please don't go DG100. :(

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:(

I sure hope it's only a fuse!

So, what lessons have you learned to pass onto the rest of us?

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by cosmo1313:

FYI they're drinking Mello Yello. :rolleyes:

Heyyy... what's wrong with that?!? :evil:

:D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by WolfZan:

yes, i was trying out a patch that the revo sent me.

actually the bassman patch was happening until i tried turning up the volume and then it slowly morphed into delay time. weird.

So there's a chance that when you replace the fuse, what ever caused it to blow last time will make it blow again?

I would definitely make sure of whether or not there was damage to the printed circuit board when the reverb knob was smacked. Chances are that the pots are mounted directly to the PCB; the pot's shaft could have taken a direct blow and been shoved in there hard enough to damage solder joints, circuit traces, or even the board itself...

Sorry to talk all glum and negative here, but I'd want to be sure of whether or not firing it up with a new fuse would just cause further damage... the fuse certainly didn't blow just because you bumped it! Fuses don't "go bad", they blow for a reason, that reason being to take the damage that the other components would if the fuse wasn't there to blow instead of them...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by WolfZan:

yeah , 73 lbs of 2x12 combo is awkward to say the least.

Gheeze, my old "red knob" Fender twin weighed in at over 85 lbs!

Still, 73 lbs is quite a bit, especially for a modeling amp! What's in there, an anvil and some brass monkeys?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'm afraid that I've got to agree with ole' Werewolf Dancer here. IF the fuse is blown, don't just replace it. Find out WHY it blew first, otherwise more damage with a new fuse and power is a distinct possibility :(

btw, my tube amp (1 x 12 combo) weighs in at about 70 pounds or so, so I can feel your (back) pain :rolleyes:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

i found the problem, when the cases were put in the back seat, one of them must have hit the speaker jack (plastic) anyway i discovered it was broken and the one lead not connected, must have shorted and blew the fuse. all i need is a new jack installed. unless of course something else was taken out before the fuse went.

well i had to work all weekend, so my buddy was going to search for a fuse. he did find one but forgot where he put it. :confused:

my wife was going to pick up the jack for me when she went shopping, didn't happen. so i will do it this week since i am off a few days.

i will probably check the circuit board anyway to verify it isn't damaged before i go any further.

i am hoping i have it purring by friday.

i need a wheel bearing for the van so i have that to deal with first.

Wolfzan,

well i had to work all weekend, so my buddy was going to search for a fuse. he did find one but forgot where he put it.

my wife was going to pick up the jack for me when she went shopping, didn't happen. so i will do it this week since i am off a few days.

Like I always say; "Murphy was an optimest." :rolleyes::freak:
Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived