Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bohemian Rhapsody..right here

Guitarzan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'zan! That's absalootly friggaliciously b!tch!n'!! I love it! That's gonna get played 'n' forwarded a lot to folks I know!

Ya gotta fill me in here, on who-what-where-when and everything else here...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I originally thought it was you and some group playing live, 'zan!

I always thought it would be cool to do an instrumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody, I really like the phrasing and feel of the vocals (as well as all of the other instrumentation). What I always had running through my mind was a bit different from that take, though!

Originally posted by Philmour Graves:

I originally thought it was you and some group playing live, 'zan!

I always thought it would be cool to do an instrumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody, I really like the phrasing and feel of the vocals (as well as all of the other instrumentation). What I always had running through my mind was a bit different from that take, though!

i am sorry , but i can't take credit for that ammazing tune. i stumbled across that when i first signed up to soundclick.

if anyone is interested thare is a band that does heavy metal versions of video game tunes and a wicked take of the cantina band tune from starwars!!!

I am truly sorry for this...

I came across this version of Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a mid file.

Be warned, it is not good! Actually, that's a severe understatement. It is absolutely terrible, probably worse than you can imagine. :evil: It really is punishing at times.

Again...sorry. :o I think he's making most of it up! Anyone who makes it past the guitar solo. You are a... :freak:

Tea.

I have an old friend that I lost touch with many years ago. His name is Scott Samuels. Jammed with him many times.

I did a Google search on him, and found out he's in NYC... and had been playing some coffeehouse there.

He's apparently doing a similar treatment of Rhapsody... on one acoustic guitar.

His dad was a nut. Jerry Samuels. He did "They're Coming To Take Me Away" and "I Owe A Lot To Iowa Pot" Named himself Napoleansomething...

The first time I met him, he did me the honor of performing both of these songs in his underwear. Nutty. :D

I love this tune, btw.... sent the link out to a bunch of folks.

Ricky

Click on some ads once in a while!! :) -------------->

Boy, I remember "They're coming to take me away". 'Twas the summer of love, I believe, 1967. They played that "song" a lot on the radio, until someone complained that it was making fun of loonies.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I've wondered whether or not that take on Bohemian Rhapsody was really "live"; one thing's for sure, it's a group of guitarists, or guitar tracks, either way. I'm pretty sure that some lines are definitely played on very different axes for very different tones.

All in all, though, it's a great version!

• 9 months later...

Guess what? This might just have been a bootleg of the California Guitar Trio playing this live; I just saw a vid from last year of them doing this on a live radio/webcast show called Woodsongs...

(You can also download the following, if you don't want to or can't stream it; though on 56K dial-up, it takes FOREVER...)

Originally posted by caprae:

http://cgtrio.com/realroom.htm

"Watch the Woodsongs stream: Guitar trio is tuned like a cello (CDGAEG)..."

If that's the case, and this guy was deliberately taking credit for this, then "Bikerdad" is a real horse's @$$!

Hey Caevan, I also noted that (you wrote it first)

I downloaded from IMESH several songs of CGT, and 2 of Bohemian rhapsody (the same but one was shorter without applauses at the end)

Curious thing is that was the same version posted here on the forum last year right?

Caevan, you´re right, it´s exactly as you guess, :thu:

It´s the same artist but my question: it´s CGT the guitarists on it, maybe the people atributed erroneously the version to CGT instead of the man, who knows, but certainly there is more than one guitar.

Archived