Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally! (New Line6 Product)

zeronyne

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/PODXT-Live-top-sm.jpg

Pod XT Live.

Basically, it's an expanded XT combined with a Floorboard, and it has the digital Variax input like the Vetta II. Very slick and usable.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have seen this one coming... I think it was inevitable after Vox released their floor version of the Tonelab. I wonder two things: First, if they added anything to it beyond what you get in a Pod XT and controller pedalboard - different models, more effects, whatever. Secondly, I wonder how much it costs... :)

Thanks for the heads up. :wave:

That's pretty ultimate, isn't it.

It makes you feel a little like... I dunno. Like... I'm not analogue head or anything, I love digital gear - but I really do fear the day when everyone plays modeling guitars through modeling pedals into modeling amps. Then everyone can record at home with a simple press of a button, and everyone can release music.

What will happen to music?

/nick Doomsayer

DOOM, DOOM TO US ALL!!!

"Money, Bitchez and Cheese!"

http://www.playspoon.com/nollykin/files/voxline.gif

"I never thought about it, and I never stopped to feel -

But I didn't want you telling me just what to think was real.

And as simple as it comes, I only wanted to express-

...But with expression comes regret - and I don't want you hating me."

Hahahaha - From their site:

http://www.line6.com/getdata/database=line6com/table=featurePhotos/id=34/field=photo_file/ext=.data

Hahaha - I wonder why? ;)

Originally posted by Nollykin:

That's pretty ultimate, isn't it.

It makes you feel a little like... I dunno. Like... I'm not analogue head or anything, I love digital gear - but I really do fear the day when everyone plays modeling guitars through modeling pedals into modeling amps. Then everyone can record at home with a simple press of a button, and everyone can release music.

What will happen to music?

/nick Doomsayer

DOOM, DOOM TO US ALL!!!

just because you have access to the gear - or the next bestthing that sounds like it, doesn't mean you can play. EVERYONE can buy anything they need at the groceries, still some can't cook if it would save their life...

:idea:

on the other hand, maybe someone with the talent, but lacking the funds to buy the "real" stuff, might get a break at sounding as good as Joe Millionaire

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Truth in that fact! Very true indeed.

But I'm not too worried about amatuers being pros... Obviously the pros will stand out above the crowd... but there will be an oncoming rush of amatuers recording pro-sounding material.

...I think I'm just being elitist... but meh. Im sure most of us know where I'm coming from. I love line6 gear, and want most of it - but yanno. In a way, it feels like a "guilty pleasure". :P

Modeling rigs won't change the number of hacks who record. Other stuff made THAT possible ; } ...It will however turn a few heads that were until recently convinced that you had to have this amp/combo or that.

I actually think modeling is cooler for LIVE use, allowing one more flexibility without bring more gear. And the areas where the subtleties have not yet been mastered by the designers and programmers are largely masked by the live mix and environment.

-- a happy V-Bass player in besotten atmospheres since its introduction --

The Vox ToneLab might not be the only product this is aimed at. Digitech's GNX series has had a floor unit for more then 3 years now. In fact, Digitech stopped producing the desktop model some time ago. I'm surprised it took Line 6 this long.

I also agree with the thread title. Finally, something affordable from Line 6. I've had a chance to play the Vetta, with the foot controller. It sounded good, but was way to much $$.

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

News flash! Line6 screws the pooch.. again! :rolleyes:

When are the "creative" minds at Line6 going to wake up and emulate 15 year old technology? I have told people at Line6 for over 6 years that they were missing one of the coolest foot-controller uses. Until the Vetta was released, their foot controllers were dedicated to volume and wah. It is my understanding that the Vetta's second treadle can be assigned to effects, but I don't know to what extent.

But the Roland GP-16 (and possibly the GP-8 before it) was not only able to assign effects to at least one of two pedals, you could invert the control parameters to allow your distortion gain to decrease as chorus level increased. A cross-fade of effects.

I'm very disappointed they chose to build this pedalboard with two pedal and flexible effect/amp parameter assignment to the pedals.

Of course, it appears they didn't improve on the XT, but simply put the engine in a pedal board.

Oh, well... They just saved me $399.. again.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I pretty much swore off of multi-effects units a while back. I've been happy with a couple of pedals and a good tube amp. But every time I see something like this, I get the urge to go the multi route again... At least I'm too broke right now to even consider purchasing one of these (still mostly unemployed :rolleyes: ) - maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to get a used one in a year or so...

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived