Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My New Toy

Sauce

hah sorry guys i'm just getting off a guitar induced high and thought i'd share. i've been looking for something for more of a fuzz/heavier distortion sound. i remembered that my guitar teacher brought by this pedal once that i really loved the sound. so, i've been bugging him for the past 2 weeks or so to bring it by again (i'm gonna buy it from him) and he just did. we fiddled around with it a bunch and IT'S AWESOME! man that thing kicks, rips, and wails. i think i'm in love.

what is this pedal? it's an original bixonic expandora. it just sounded molten with my strat through the supro. hah if anybody is familiar with these, the "forbidden" setting was loads of fun too. i'm so happy, this thing is most simply put just completely badass.

Then you'll never hear surf music again...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Just picked up an Expandora for myself. A friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I'm using it in the "overdrive" setting for a lead boost. It has replaced my Boss Bluesdriver on my pedal board. I'm pretty psyched about it.

Can anyone tell me? Are these pedals true bypass?

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

So, what's with this "forbidden setting"?

Fender w/Single-Coils -> Fuzz/Distortion -> Supro amp... can you say, "early Led Zeppelin recordings"? Cool rig!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

wow, haven't been here in a while (quite busy) much besides a quick check and maybe a "hi" here or there and boy was i surprised to see this towards the top. good to see everyone doing well for the most part.

vinny, good stuff picking up the expandora, i still love mine. and yes i do believe it is true bypass.

caevan, as to the "forbidden" setting, i don't know if you have any experience with the expandora's but they have two dip switches inside that change the distortion modes. the back of the pedal tells you what setting for what mode and only lists three of the possible four. the fourth (both switches in the down position) became known as the "forbidden" setting. it gives a crazy sounding almost-out-of-control amount of distortion/fuzz that in my opinion sounds pretty sweet (obviously only in certain applications).

and yeah i love the supro. it sounds incredible (incredibly incredible) and i love how easy it is with only two knobs. just a great sounding amp. i only regret i think i'm going to leave it at home when i go off to school next year (heh told you guys i was busy). hopefully i'll be around a little more for now.

Then you'll never hear surf music again...

It sounds pretty cool from the few web clips I found on their site. I've been looking for something that can produce this kind of grind without sounding buzzy. I just put it on the ever-growing list...

synthetic said, I just put it on the ever-growing list...
... me too :D

ec Vinny said, Can anyone tell me? Are these pedals true bypass?
... anyone :confused:

[edit] Their site specifically says that it is True Bypass :cool:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dave da Dude:

synthetic said, I just put it on the ever-growing list...
... me too :D

ec Vinny said, Can anyone tell me? Are these pedals true bypass?
... anyone :confused:

[edit] Their site specifically says that it is True Bypass :cool:

Hey guys!

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I keep falling out of touch. Life gets in the way.

Anyway, I'll be gigging with the Expandora for the first time this Friday night. If I can get back here, I'll let you know how it works out.

vc

Vinny Cervoni

vcbluzman@hotmail.com

www.bluzberrypi.com

www.42ndstband.com

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by synthetic:

It sounds pretty cool from the few web clips I found on their site. I've been looking for something that can produce this kind of grind without sounding buzzy. I just put it on the ever-growing list...

hey Synthetic, do you know a guy named Sean Haley? he used to, or possibly still does, work for tascam. i've lost touch with him and would be stoked to get back in touch...

"Let me tell y'all what it's like

Being male, middle-class and white

It's a bitch if you don't believe,

Listen up to my new CD

(sham-on)..."

-Ben Folds

I used to have a Ben Folds quote from that same song as my sig line.... it seemed "too appropriate":

"I'm rockin' the suburbs - I take the checks and face the facts

That some producer with computers fixes all the s#!tty tracks these days."

;)

Archived