Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Did anyone watch this on PBS lastnight?

DIAMOND DUST

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, didn't see it. I'll agree about Isaac Hayes. IMO, one of film's funniest moments is his death scene in "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka"...the one where he starts strapping on artillery everywhere, gets so heavy he can't stand up, falls over and everything goes off.

Diamond, for some reason, your avatar looks as though I'm sparring with Dylan... :D (Stallone voice) YO, You're goin' DOWN, Dylan!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Dang, didn't see it. I'll agree about Isaac Hayes. IMO, one of film's funniest moments is his death scene in "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka"...the one where he starts strapping on artillery everywhere, gets so heavy he can't stand up, falls over and everything goes off.

Diamond, for some reason, your avatar looks as though I'm sparring with Dylan... :D (Stallone voice) YO, You're goin' DOWN, Dylan!

:D:D Ol' Bob won't crack a smile to save his life.

It's out on DVD now, too! I hear there is a CD set with all the music from the concert.

I saw this last year at the Arclight in Hollywood, and it holds up as a concert and a movie. Living here in LA, you see that that neighborhood doesn't seem to have changed very much, and the old school music and fashions have come back in a big way.

It was on a few days ago on my PBS outlet. Good to see it. My wife was surprised that Hayes was a lot more to music than the theme from "Shaft".

Now I gotta find the CD reissue of "Hot Buttered Soul"! My vinyl's about had it...

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived