Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TABS WHICH SHOW RHYTHM PATTERNS

chess1

i've just started to play guitar. as my first song i've chosen "twist and shout" by the beatles. i know how to play the chords and what not but what i can't figure out are the rhythm patterns: ^ or v and how many times. can someone please help. chess1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi & welcome :wave:

I find it easiest to just listen to the song a couple of times and play along, but then again I do often end up playing it a little differently (but that's also no bad thing!).

At last count there were 1,482,639 Beatles chord books out there (may not all have Twist & Shout in them tho), so you could get one of those.

or

Type 'guitar tab' or 'beatles tab' into Google (or your search engine of choice) and you'll be inundated with results. These are usually user submitted tho so you'll have to use your judgement on their accuracy. A popular one is OLGA (& I've taken the liberty of making that link direct to a search of Twist & Shout for you).

or

Try Power Tab , a neat bit of free software for loading in and writing tabs (again, user submitted so be wary of the accuracy), but it's a lot tidier than tabs written in notepad.

or

There are some sites for purchasing & downloading sheet music over the web, can't remember the address right now but I have it on my home PC and will try to look it up for you...

Hope that helps...!

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Did you try the Power Tab software?? Get that and then you can download the tab you want HERE .

I don't know if it does have the rhythm pattern as I am at work and can't view it, but it has been rated at 5/5 so should be at least reasonably accurate...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Archived