Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I sold my Fender Strat

Gato

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say you got a pretty good deal. I don't know much about vintage pricing, but an 1987 for 700 bucks doesn't sound like a rip off. It's more than you'd get for a used 90s MIA Strat nowadays. (At least from what I've observed on Ebay).

At first, I thought that was 700,000.00 I was like yikes! Then I remembered in many parts of the world a comma is treated as a decimal.

Shut up and play.

You did good! :thu:

Natural born salesman. Turn the wheel.. toss in some bucks and go shopping. Nothing more fun than shopping for guitars. :D

well... having money is fun too :rolleyes:

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by Gato:

Yesterday I sold my Fender Strat Plus 1987 (first generation) for $700,00. It's black with Lace Sensors. All original. My first "real" Strat.

Is the price fair? :(

I hate it when I sell a guitar. I think a person should just have a million of em.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

what are you going to buy?

I'm not going to replace this Strat but now it has gone I feel like i get lost something special.
I feel your pain :cry:

Why did you sell it :confused:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I still remember the time back in 1982 when I sold my 1963 Fender Strat, sunburst with a rosewood fretboard, a guitar that play oh so beautifully, to raise money to help out a girl that I was in a relationship with, a relationship that I had no business being in and which ended only several months later (a VERY long story, but I won't get into all that here). Through all the years since then I regretted letting go of that guitar, but as a born-again Christian I know that my heavenly Father is a God of restoration, and it was exactly one year ago on this very date (September 6) that He opened the doors for me to buy a brand new Fender Strat that is (to me at least) just like the '63 Strat that I owned so many years ago. I remember how grateful and excited I felt that day as the salesguy at Peeler's Music in Toledo, OH opened the case to show me my newly purchased Strat (sunburst with a rosewood fretboard, just like the '63)--it was literally like getting my guitar back after so many years. And rest assured, I have absoultely no intentions of ever selling or in any way parting with this one!

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

Originally posted by cosmo115:

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

do you still have a strat. or was that the only one you had?

I have other Strats but this one was my first Strat ever ten years ago.
Why would you sell such a special strat when you have others? :confused:
Good question but there is an easy answer. The neck was so fat compare to others that I change my preference.

My house was broken into 10 months ago and all my gear stolen. The biggest loss for me was my california strat. Now it seems i have to pay more than the original cost to replace it. I think you might regret it down the road.

Archived