Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holy crap! Shakti, back in action

skipclone 1

That`s right-John, Zakir and the boys are back, with the addition of a singer. They`re expected to hit Japan in Januray next year-obviously a show to kill for. Hope I can get a ticket. Zakir is going to be here this weekend with his current group, Tabla Beat Science W/ Bill Laswell but unfortunately I have stuff to do.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw "Remember Shakti" last fall. Really intense. McLaughlin has a laptop on stage, and sets up drones, and the interaction within the band is remarkable. I saw them in a small, old theater with wooden walls and great acoustics. The joy of interacting with the great players in the band really shows on McLaughlin's face; and Hussein is clearly having a great time too.

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

That should be a wild show, skip! I hope you can make it!

By the way- how was your NY visit?

Hey Caev-

Visit was great but way too short. Got CDs from two of my former bandmates, and the Japan LP is now in stasis. Nearly froze my cubicles off in Vermont-it was downright cold.

Now that I`m back here and looking at yet another birthday in a few days, I went and got myself a present, since I`m fed up with not having enough room to use my regular CD player. Sony`s latest portable, pretty awesome-it includes MP3 burning and editing software. Now all I need is a computer...

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived