Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: telecaster tattoo

Funk Jazz

i started this tattoo about a year and a half ago, finally got around to getting the color done. it's still a little scabby, but i couldn't wait to share with my fellow guitar geeks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/funk_jazz/TeleTattoo.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool! I recognize that pic- got it from a reviews article in Guitar Player, dintcha?

Funny... I was telling someone just tonight that I wanted a full-colored '59 "sunburst" Les Paul tattood on my right forearm back when I was fourteen or fifteen.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

That's cool! I recognize that pic- got it from a reviews article in Guitar Player, dintcha?

yep. damnit, first reply too. well 50 points to ya. it went with a redd volkaert record review about four or five years ago. nice memory caveman!!

I've got a memory like a clogged sieve! (Ehr, something like that!) Well, my long-term memory- especially visually- is particularly good. But in day-to-day life, I'm like the absent minded professor, kinda scatter-brained!

Sorry... if ya want, I'll delete the ID'ng references, there 'n' here...

I didn't have a clue as to where the artwork came from. Cool though :cool:

The only tatoo I ever wanted was a stalking panther on my forearm like my uncle has.

Caevan,

I've got a memory like a clogged sieve! (Ehr, something like that!) Well, my long-term memory- especially visually- is particularly good. But in day-to-day life, I'm like the absent minded professor, kinda scatter-brained!
We must be soul-mates or somethin' like that. That sounds like me. Especially after a Sleep Study Protocaol test that I took where I had to write down the fifteen words that flashed on a computer screen right after they finished. I routinely got about two or three :freak: BUT, with pictures I scored about twelve or better, AND it was fifteen or twenty minutes after I saw the pics :thu:
Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by funk jazz:

i started this tattoo about a year and a half ago, finally got around to getting the color done. it's still a little scabby, but i couldn't wait to share with my fellow guitar geeks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/funk_jazz/teletattoo.jpg

anyone else have guitar related tat's to share?

{edit}

oh yeah, 50 guitar player forum points to the first person that can name where i got the original artwork ;)

NICE!! That's way tight. I have a bunch of tat's, but not guitar related. Old English writing. Stuff I had done when I was younger.

:D

I'll be getting this as a cover up in a couple months.

http://home.arkansasusa.com/bborsodi/jester.jpg

I have a tat on my right arm of a wolf. The guy who did it was a local artist and he did it free hand with no pattern. Kinda freaked me out but it is an original piece of art work now. Nothing guitar related though...strange it never occured to me to get a guitar related tat...

• 1 year later...

Hey, Brer Func-Jass, where'dja go with that tat-shot?

I went to show a friend your most cool Telerific Tattoo, and I came up bust! Any chance you've got another linkable URL handy? Hmmmnn? :cool:

Cool; thanks, FJ! Saved it this time for my friend Carie to scope out; she'll dig it.

Yeah, old post; my (our) good friend Ben "Diamond Dust" Cordova is still M.I.A., as far as putting in appearances on the forum here. He's not been seen hereabouts since last December, '05.

I'd guess that he's O.K., just erstwhile detained...

Archived