Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chicago area Band ISO Heavy/Melodic Guitar w/Bg Vocals 21-31.... ASAP!!!!

Abstract_Soul

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok I thought this was a musicians site!! Not a bunch of Poser pussies!! HOw the hell is it wrong to ask musicians to jam?!?!?! You assholes aren't musicians!!!
We're ISO Dark/Melodic and heavy Guitar w/bg vocals 21-35!! We have songs on our page. http://www.MySpace.com/FiVe0SiX Check the blog for full details then hit us up. FiVe0SiXBand@yahoo.com

Nor is it nice to attack someone for trying play music. I'm not selling anything nor am I trying to beg you to critique my band or give me a record deal. I'm just trying to jam.Oddly enough I'm prob one of the nicest people you'll run across but don't take my kindness for weakness.

Because I never run. Peace

We're ISO Dark/Melodic and heavy Guitar w/bg vocals 21-35!! We have songs on our page. http://www.MySpace.com/FiVe0SiX Check the blog for full details then hit us up. FiVe0SiXBand@yahoo.com

http://www.soundclick.com/images/five0six.jpg

Hmm...You never run huh? Could that be you on the right by any chance? :P

For what it's worth, I think you were entitled to post your search for a guitarist here, it is a guitar forum after all.

Best of luck. I hope you get what you're looking for.

Tea. :cool:

If we EVER get "sticky topics"at the top of the page here, like for master music post, master buy/sell/trade gear, and intro to the forum; we need one for "find a band member"

I hope you find what you need, but I'm going to tease a little:

No Drama "queens"!! Must be hard working! No slackers!!!!!

This is a pet peeve of mine when I see band ads. No one gets up in the morning, looks in the mirror, and says "I'm a drama queen, poser and a slacker. If I can con my way into a band and ride on their coat tails, I'll be all set!" No one believes they are a slacker - but they have to prove they are hard workers over time, which you can't tell from an audition.

Originally posted by Abstract_Soul:

Nor is it nice to attack someone for trying play music. I'm not selling anything nor am I trying to beg you to critique my band or give me a record deal. I'm just trying to jam.Oddly enough I'm prob one of the nicest people you'll run across but don't take my kindness for weakness.

You mistook a music discussion board for a classified ad paper.

Please understand this is a community. You wouldn't show up at the YMCA, etc, and start soliciting people for new band members. Come in and participate a bit and the reaction to your request would be quite different.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

This is the spam factory I remember :cool:

Is it just me or is it very ironic that he says I never run in his last post :D

Spelling and grammar - D (being generous)

Intentions - C+

The fact that he posted a similar thread in February - Priceless :rolleyes:

I'm 35... I guess I'm "disqualified".

You are looking for a musician, aren't you?

If I were you, I surely wouldn't place an age limit in your ad... unless of course you are more concerned with image than musicianship.

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

i never assume that kind people are weak. why do you have to remind me of your toughness? and i don't think it is kind to call people "poser pussies or assholes" i do have an asshole but there is more to me than that. actually i never really think of my asshole unless i need a poo.

i run when i am in a hurry to get somewhere. you should try it, it really is faster than walking.

lighten up and enjoy life.

:D

The sad part is I posted an ad on the Music Player Bass Forum and got a few nice responses for bass players who want to audition. Intelligent

responses. Who'd have thought it? You can actually use good sense on the internet.If a message isn't addressed to you or doesn't concern you don't respond. Now there is a concept.

The sad part is I posted an ad on the Music Player Bass Forum and got a few nice responses for bass players who want to audition. Intelligent

responses. Who'd have thought it? You can actually use good sense on the internet.If a message isn't addressed to you or doesn't concern you don't respond. Now there is a concept.

Well, guitar players are sociologically different from bass players ;) Not better or worse, just different. I think we regard this site as a sort of "players lounge" where we can talk shop, and sort of want to avoid some stuff. I tend to pursue things at my own pace, and don't like things tossed in my lap really loudly.

And like I said, along with master music post and master gear swap, a master players wanted thread would be great :idea:

Deleted. Do to being annoyed by a poor musician community atmosphere.

BRAVO! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by cosmo115:

Originally posted by BiC:

Deleted. Do to being annoyed by a poor musician community atmosphere.

BRAVO! :thu:
It should be DUE to poor spelling :D
LOL! I didn't even catch that. :D

Wait! I know a guy that knows a guy,

and this guy can sing like an angel,and plays

guitar like you wouldn't believe.If you want

to get a hold of him call (555)867-5309 :thu:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Darklava:

Wait! I know a guy that knows a guy,

and this guy can sing like an angel,and plays

guitar like you wouldn't believe.If you want

to get a hold of him call (555)867-5309 :thu:

Would his name happen to be Jenny??? :P

No. The sad part is you still don't understand the difference between blind advertisement and a request from a member of the community. Plenty of members here have posted spammy threads, most titled them as "spam" as in "gig spam", "product spam" etc. They don't get flamed because they have already taken an interest in discussions here. They are acquaintances, not some guy looking for a pole to post his want ad. If that's what you want, perhaps you should try the Chicago Reader, if it's still in publication. That will get you far better leads anyway. (Local players.)

Stick around and contribute and maybe we can assist you in your search. Respect goes both ways and so far you blanket called the members of this forum.. all the members of this forum pussies, assholes, etc. Blanket statements like that won't find you friends or potential bandmates. I wouldn't play for you just on your short fuse alone. If it's that easy to piss you off online, what kind of drama would be in store for me at band practices and gigs?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived