Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT- Job Interview

Gabriel E.

After being unemployed for a 5 weeks, I've finally had a few job interviews. However this afternoon I have one for a position I REALLY, REALLY want: Director of Purchasing for the zoo.

Anyway I've been studying up on Louisiana Public Bid Law to prepare myself. I really hope I get the job. It would be really interesting and it pays decently.

Wish me luck folks!

Gabriel

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job interviews absolutely suck. I think they are somewhat degrading. I think a prospective employer should just sit down with the prospective employee and have a beer or a coffee and chat. If he/she can't make a decision on that, well, what the hell anyway.

Is it possible to get permanent dissability pay because you cannot make it through an interview?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Whoa, whoa. A job interview is a performance. Therefore, you don't say, good luck, you say, "Break a leg!"

Preferably someone else's.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Hey everyone! Thanks for all your kind words.

The interview went really well. Not humiliating at all actually - my prospective boss and I had a good conversation about the job, the organization and my skills and experience. I'm well suited for the position and I believe I helped him see that.

I should know by the end of next week.

Thanks again!

Gabriel

P.S. Geezer, thanks o non-employed brother. I'm sending good vibes your way.

:)

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Archived