Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

~If you could have been in any band~

DIAMOND DUST

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My three choices, for different reasons, are; Led Zep, Cream and The Who.

Led Zep 'cause they were sooo cool. Cream because they sounded sooo great, and EC was at his (rock & roll) prime. The Who 'cause I think "Tommy" was cool and I would have liked to have known Townsend at that time in his life.

Plus, for all the above, just think of the gear :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by revolead:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love Maiden, and I don't think they have any problems either. I also play like them as it is, so it would be no adjustment. Ditto on the soccer thing. (Not football :D )

Oh yeah, you'd last with them calling it soccer, they're West Ham supporters, you'd be strung up by your nether regions :D

Maiden used to have ongoing football games against their support bands while on tour, with sides made up from the bands and crew, supposedly they were pretty good. Given the general amusement with which America's football / soccer skills are held (not by me before I get flamed, I wouldn't have a clue :P ), I did find it amusing that the only team I know of that beat them was an American bands, Anthrax's. The story went that none of Maiden would talk to them for the rest of the tour :D

But back to topic...

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Question? Wouldn't you guys rather play in a band where you can take your playing to the highest place, instead of thinking about being someone else? No one can fill your shoes better than you!

Yes, but I read this topic as asking just that, but if you could pick an established band that you could fit into, ok I am nowhere near a professional level, but I chose one where the style and personalities would fit. Will have more of a think for one that's more what I do play nowadays tho...
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Question? Wouldn't you guys rather play in a band where you can take your playing to the highest place, instead of thinking about being someone else? No one can fill your shoes better than you!

That was my original reply - being myself and being involved with an established artist who needs a push in a new direction.

Led Zeppelin would be cool. Always wondered what a second guitarist would have done for their live sound. Just rythym though! Let Jimmy solo.

The Allman Brothers or Grateful Dead. Yeah, jammin' the night away.

AC/DC. I want to bop up and down next to Malcolm. Would have been great to party with Bon after the gig.

Originally posted by billster:

That was my original reply - being myself and being involved with an established artist who needs a push in a new direction.
Actually that is the reason I selected the Pretenders and Rockpile as my choices. My playing style fits both of those bands (hmmmm, Billy Bremner played with both of those groups at one time or another....perhaps there is a correlation? :D ).

My desire to play with a band has always been driven by the songwriter. In my book you can't get much better than Chrissy Hynde & Nick Lowe. I would love to play within the context of their songs.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

I really have no idea. I mean if I were to have joined one of my favorite bands, then it would've been a different band. Like if I joined the Stones I couldn't really play with Keith cuz we'd be playing the same parts. :D So I'd have to BE Keith, and nobody can be Keith except Keith. Plus if I joined the Stones I'd have to deal with Jagger. Who the hell wants to do that? :eek: Come to think of it, quite a few of my favorite bands have personalities or, errhh, lifestyles that I just wouldn't want to have to deal with. Better to appreciate them from a distance or just hang out with 'em once in awhile if you have the opportunity.

Anyhow I think I'm already in the perfect band for me, so I guess if I could've been in any band it'd be mine. :D

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

I really have no idea. I mean if I were to have joined one of my favorite bands, then it would've been a different band. Like if I joined the Stones I couldn't really play with Keith cuz we'd be playing the same parts. :D So I'd have to BE Keith, and nobody can be Keith except Keith. Plus if I joined the Stones I'd have to deal with Jagger. Who the hell wants to do that? :eek: Come to think of it, quite a few of my favorite bands have personalities or, errhh, lifestyles that I just wouldn't want to have to deal with. Better to appreciate them from a distance or just hang out with 'em once in awhile if you have the opportunity.

Anyhow I think I'm already in the perfect band for me, so I guess if I could've been in any band it'd be mine. :D

And the award for the best answer goes to.... Lee Flier :D

I'd have to go with Zep... I could handle rhythm :cool:

Yes, but I read this topic as asking just that, but if you could pick an established band that you could fit into, ok I am nowhere near a professional level, but I chose one where the style and personalities would fit. Will have more of a think for one that's more what I do play nowadays tho...
Lets see, Any band that Zappa lead, Phish, Greatful Dead, George Benson, Any thing with Adrian Belew, and anything Les Claypool. I would say Rush, though I don't think I would fit any where in that mix. I would play bass or, guitar or, any other noise that could serve the music.

Archived