Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anybody have any good gibson stories??

guitar god lol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I walked in to GC and there she was a

beautiful honeyburst Les Paul standard,

It was love at first sight. :love:

She loves it when caress her slim tapered neck.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Once I thought about getting a Gibson...

...but I changed my mind.

Then one day I played my friends Deluxe LP...

...and I was happy that I changed my mind! :D

That's all I got for good Gibson stories...sorry. :P

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

she is gorgeous darklava! hubba hubba!!!

i wish i could caress a nice gibson and not just in the store......... why oh why did i have to sell my v???? oh yeah, i wanted to eat and have a roof over my head. food, clothing and shelter is way overated. it should be gibsons, women and beer :)

miroslav, how dare you not like the feel of a beautiful gibson in your hand. you obviously played one of the extremely few bad gibsons, if there is such a thing :)

Originally posted by guitar god lol:

she is gorgeous darklava! hubba hubba!!!

i wish i could caress a nice gibson and not just in the store......... why oh why did i have to sell my v???? oh yeah, i wanted to eat and have a roof over my head. food, clothing and shelter is way overated. it should be gibsons, women and beer :)

miroslav, how dare you not like the feel of a beautiful gibson in your hand. you obviously played one of the extremely few bad gibsons, if there is such a thing :)

That's not her in my avatar,mines much sexier,

but thanks.Hope you get back in the club soon!

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

My first electric was a 59 Les Paul Jr. Still have that guitar, whenever I pick it up it just feels right in my hands. And that dark cherry red over mahogany is sooo pretty... When I play it I think "who needs more than one pickup".

drfuzz

"I'm just here to regulate the funkiness"

Never cared for Gibson guitars. I was no more/less impressed with the sound of their humbuckers, and I certainly didn't want anything to do with those soap-bar thingies! Real men, when playing single coil p'ups, used Strats or Teles!

Then I got a job at Gibson Customer Support. The office is littered with a few seconds and an absolutely gorgeous ES-295, given to my boss Wayne and signed by Scotty Moore. :eek: I left that one alone. I'd eat lunch in the break room, then adjourn to the small meeting room where they kept a bunch of display amps plugged in, on stage. I brought an ES-135 with P-90's down there first. Then I discovered a Little Lucille (Blues Hawk in black w/special rotary tone control from the B.B. King, Lucille) in an unlocked case.

I spent most lunch hours in the auditorium with that Little Lucille, plugged in to a GA-15RV. Great little class A amp! :cry:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

at work a few years ago a freind asked me about an old gibson his grandfather had, i tried to get him to describe it, it didn't help me because all he could remember was the colour...sunburst..

apparently his Grandfather called a local store about getting it appraised and they were gushing like love sick schoolboys when he said what he had, and practically begged him to bring it in. this must have bothered the old guy and he declined. so to this day i still don't know what it was..

i dream of a 59 les paul that is mint....that would be cool.

Yeah, I got a studio full of them, and memories of the ones that I sold over the years, and the ones that friends have owned.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by drfuzz:

My first electric was a 59 Les Paul Jr. Still have that guitar, whenever I pick it up it just feels right in my hands. And that dark cherry red over mahogany is sooo pretty... When I play it I think "who needs more than one pickup".

drfuzz

One of the guitars that I most regret not buying was a beautiful, all original, near-mint (only sign of wear was "buckle rash" on the back) '59/'60 Gibson Les Paul Special that I ran across in a shop a few years ago. At the time, I actually could have afforded it, and I still don't fully understand why in the Hell I didn't buy it. It looked nearly brand-new, but played and sounded like a genuine relic, in a good way. What a great guitar!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

Yeah, but they're all from about 1971.

Are you talking about bad Pauls? I remember looking at a couple of early 70s models a few years back. They looked and played like crap compared to my '69 goldtop. But later I bought a goldtop ( mid-70s model I think) and it was much better looking and playing.
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Originally posted by Darklava:

Yes! I walked in to GC and there she was a

beautiful honeyburst Les Paul standard,

It was love at first sight. :love:

She loves it when caress her slim tapered neck.

I had a similar experience when I first saw my axe at the music store. It was literally love at first site. Once I had played her, she had me completely at her mercy. I was powerless.

My mouth waters every time I see Lee's Goldtop. No joke.

Stories- a friend of mind got his first Les Paul, a light burst, non-flame, custom, when he was 13.

My 335 copy plays better than some of the newer Gibsons I've played.

When trying to type "Gibson," I often type "Gobson."

I used to save every penny so I could buy a white Flying V. I gave up at $637.43.

I have a guy at GC who's gonna call me whenever they get a Firebird in...

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Need I say more?

http://lflier.home.mindspring.com/lee52lp.jpg

I had a '57, looked about the same. Finsih turned green on me. I gave it away in 1979 to a good friend, when I was on the road and afraid that it would get stolen.

I've since replaced it with a 57 Pre Aged Gold Top model (humbuckings.... not the same) and a mid 70s Gold Top with the smaller humbuckings (Les named this his favorite pickup.) Can't beat old P-90s though. I've also got a 1960 Melody Maker, a 1964 ES-125, a 1968 335-12, a mid 1960s Firebird XII, a mid 1960s J-160e... probably some other Gibsons laying around down there... I'd hafta look.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Archived