Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PodXT owners- Update to 2.0 now! NOW!

James-Italy

Haven't been playing much the last few days and this morning I stumbled on new 2.0 update for the PodXT. WOW! If you haven't upgraded yet DO IT NOW! It's free and like getting a new improved Pod.

A massive improvement in tone right across the board. The presets sound great- cleans are now usable (the Fenders just kill) and the heavy stuff got meatier. The PodXT is gonna get some serious play time in the next few days. Line6 did an awesome job.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really going to sound like a stupid question but here goes. How do you get a free update on a piece of hardware? I'd be all for it. I use a PodXT pro for recording and use an MXR SuperComp in front to beef it up. Maybe the update is just what I need.

Tim

All my stuff is here: www.timothychipman.com

Tim, you can upgrade the operating system software for the hardware unit. Basically, a Pod XT is just a computer type device, and by re-writing the algorythms and software, you can change the sound of the unit.

The 2.0 update is free, while the new add on packs (additional models and effects) are at an extra charge.

www.line6.com

FWIW, I have not updated mine yet - I've got some tones in there that I worked very hard on and am very pleased with and I need to finish a couple of things with them first before I update and have to re-tweak them.

Thanks Philip. Do you hook the unit up to the web site, or just how does that work? I'll check out their site. I've got some very good sounds in mine also. Mostly the ones where I've just started with a blank amp model and tweaked from there. I think that's where the real strength of the unit comes out.

Tim

All my stuff is here: www.timothychipman.com

They've got a utility (the Line 6 "Monkey") that allows you to download and install the updates. Download and install the monkey first. http://www.line6.com/textArticle.html?id=130&category=general&lang=1

You can do the updating without having the Pod XT connected to the Internet computer, but it looks like it might be a bit easier if you have it connected to the Internet / D/L computer via a USB cable.

If you are on the PODxt version 1.01, you need to be connected via MIDI to your computer. A USB to MIDI cable should work too. After 1.02 you can do anything via USB. The upgrade is done with Flash memory. It takes about 5-10 minutes to do the whole thing using the Line 6 Monkey.

Home of the L.A. Line 6 Users Group

http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Well, I just went ahead and did it. Since I had 1.01, I had to do it via MIDI cables, but from now on I'll be able to use the USB.

I only played it with cans on, and with my Tele (I have not tried any other guitars yet), and only for a few minutes, but so far so good - I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to messing around with it some more tonight. :thu:

I did update mine, still not planning to use it for live stuff though. It sounds great thru my hi-fi speakers but not at all that hot though my fender amp. I agree the sounds have improved with this update, although the overdrive/distortion sounds still don't manage to impress me one bit.

Anyone else noticed you now MUST register to be able to use the update software etc.? Second thoughts tbh.

Stirring shit up since 1968

Archived