Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm in love!!

Dave da Dude

I played a Godin LG P-90 tonight and it was love at first sound :love:

The Godin LG Hmb and Ibanez Artcore were good, but the LG P-90 is the hands down winnner :thu:

Now I just have to figure out how to get it in the house without getting divorced in the process.

The GAS is becoming unbearable. The DOD Mystic Blues OD pedal only got me through another week :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave, after watching how my kids got my wife to get them stuff I figured it out. Revert to childhood: WHINE! Talk about how wonderful the guitar looks and makes you feel, compliment her the same way. Anyway you can bring it up in any conversation, do it, and tell her how badly you want it EVERYDAY. I learned well from my kids. I got my R7, with her blessings after only 4 and 1/2 months. She said that's it, but as soon as it's paid off, the game starts again. Thanks Kids!
Play really loud and everything will be allright.

She's a "Cognac Burst" which is my fave anyway.

This is the guitar (but not the color);

http://www.godinguitars.com/lgp90transred22.jpg

This is the color (far right, no flame top) :love:

http://www.godinguitars.com/gtrlgxts.jpg

Oh yeah, 22 frets, Seymour Duncan SP90-3's, awesome sound :thu:

Hey Guitarzan, do you think you could play and record the Godin LG SP90 clean so that I can have an idea of how it sounds like? Just a short clip will do.... you can send it to my email lppier@yahoo.com.

Pier.

* Godin Freeway Classic * Seagull M6 * Timothy S10J

Guitarzan,

what are they asking for it? our local dealer is having a sale and has a cognac burst lg sp90 for 529.00 canadian. ...
I kinda' thought his price was high and was going to ask what the going price was.

His asking price is $647 USD!! :eek:

We'll have to talk about that :P

Dave that (649.00) is the regular price, my store is having a blowout sale to clear room for the new orders so they are moving a few lgsp90's at various locations at 529.00. if you do get one make sure the deluxe gig bag is included.

also the satin natural finish is a bit cheaper. i got my satin natural for less than 6 hundred a year ago. but its worth much more to me.

Madstrum i will see what i can do about tracking some clean parts. i am off this week and will try to make it down to my buddy's for some recording.

Yes Guitarzan.

I would love to hear a clip also.

I've been checking out these guitars and have played them a little. It's much easier to make a decision when you hear someone else play.

Actually Guitarzan.

I would really really really appreciate it if you could provide sound clips a various tones.

"clean" "punch" "grind" etc. I'd love to hear the versatility. I've heard your stuff before so I know you're a capable guitar player.

you can either post it here or send it to my email

fogehry13@hotmail.com

thanks!

i talked to my buddy and i may get chance to drag the amp and lg down to his house tonight and track some riffs and the like for your listening pleasure.

i am hyped because i can crank the amp and get lots of different tones just by flipping the 3 way toggle and rolling the volume. i presently have the tone pot out of the loop but with a drop of solder i can hook it up if you want a stock sound. i think caevan knows how tonally versatile p90's can be.

Dave, you're like I was in High School. "I'M IN LOVE!" every ten minutes, only instead of guitars, it was women.

Now, you're EXACTLY like me. :love:

I played that guitar on a Line 6 Spider 2. The guitar played great. The amp was blaaaah. Great ideas, poorly executed. I only gave the amp 10 minutes, but it still was underwhelming. I should have gotten the axe to one of my amps.

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

The pups are Seymour Duncan (not Duncan Designed) P90-3's in both neck and bridge positions. Different windings for each position.

I did a quick A/B of the clean SD sample vs. the '59 neck pup and they sounded identical, IMHO. The Pearly Gates were (as expected) a little brighter. The bridge P90 sounded identical to the SD "Distortion", but not as articulate as the JB. These were all pups I was considering putting in my Raven.

Archived