Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - eMusic

cosmo115

I notice an ad on the side for eMusic. Apparently they are giving 50 free downloads, but the selection is EXTREMELY limited. Has anyone tried eMusic, is there anything worthwhile and do you have to give blood and next of kin to cancel before you have to start paying??

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_2_12.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used their free trial and I have actually subscribed for about three months. $9.95 for 40 songs.

Each time, I have found 40 songs easily that I have downloaded (transfers take next to no time with my broadband connection).

They don't have any rhyme or reason to their selections. I think they take what they can get without selling their souls to the major labels (but there is some major label stuff). They let you download a pretty good sounding MP3, and don't place any further restrictions on your use, so the service is pretty easy to get along with.

Thanks, Doug!! It sounds good, I just know that after I download 50 songs (if I can find that many there), that I will cancel it before the free trial ends. So have you tried to cancel yet? If not, do you know how easy would it be to cancel? Also did you have to give credit card information when you signed up for the free trial?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I'm glad I waited. I went to the eMusic site today and they are giving 100 FREE downloads in a 30 day trial rather than 50 downloads in a 2 week trial! As a result, I signed up and it's EXTREMELY easy to cancel before the free trial ends.

eMusic may not have the best selection, but you can't beat the price ;) I was shocked at some of the good stuff I found.

Archived