Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

finally got a home recording setup...

Funk Jazz

just ordered:

Aardvark Q10 interface

M-Audio BX-8 monitors

and some misc mic's

total cost? $1500

plus i got a copy of Cubase 2 with a grundle of plugin's from a buddy for free :D

man, it's been a long time coming, and i can't wait to have 24/7 access to some decent recording gear. i'll be posting a ton of music in the near future...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm humbled that you all want to hear more music, thanks so much for the encouragement!!

musicalhair: i bought (3) Cascade M-20 large diaphram mics. i already have an audio technica condenser, and two beyerdynamic condensers.

it's just enough to record my gypsy trio, or a small jazz combo which will be the bulk of what i end up recording.

eventually i will pickup a couple of 57's and some acoustic tiling to get my room reasonably flat.

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

...i'll be posting a ton of music in the near future...

Congrats FJ! I have a bit of experience in the recording area so if you have any questions let me know. Maybe I can help. Maybe on the acoustics too ...

S

Dave: yeah, we'll have the whole arsenal out when we record the hot club.

Steevo: i will be looking for some advice when it comes to acoustics in the room. i'll shoot you a PM when i get a little closer. thanks for the offer!

finally got a home recording setup

What sort of homes are you going to record, Brothah FunkJazz? ;):D

Seriously... of course we want to hear mo' FunkJazz music! You rock! You swing! You pick 'n' grin! You da man, FJ. Glad for ya, and looking forward to hearing more.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived