Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: We bought a house yesterday!!!! Boggs

Boggs

Much more room and awesome area (never expected anything like this) but it will mean a bit of a delay in order-taking for my new guitars. The good news is that it has a GREAT shop area which I need to set up for doing guitar builds, set-ups, and repairs... :D The investment potential in this house is AWESOME! With some elbow grease, thanks to its location, we could potentially nearly double its value in 5 years! DAMN!! Boggs
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Boggs!! I bought my first house 4 years ago, best move we made, it's a great feelling to own.

I'm selling it (see sig) now, we'll probably rent something until another place comes along (and the market cools off a bit).

:D

www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

I bought this place when I was 22 and have been here 18 years now. People said I was nuts!

It was in every way the single most important and fulfilling thing I've ever done.... next to finding and marrying my wife of course.

Glad to hear you've got some dedicated shop space to set up your stuff. I can only dream of a shop with space for doing electronic work and for painting!

Lucky guy!

Any ideas for a sign to publicize your talents?

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Congrats Boggs.

We just bought our first house last month. It's really great. No shortage of things to do though. Really cuts into the guitar time. Most of the major projects are done now so maybe I can relax and play a little more. Really great feeling having your own place. Nice that you've got some shop space too.

Originally posted by spiral light:

Congrats Boggs!! I bought my first house 4 years ago, best move we made, it's a great feelling to own.

I'm selling it (see sig) now, we'll probably rent something until another place comes along (and the market cools off a bit).

UPDATE: We just got an offer on or house today (for more than it was listed!!!). The first people to view it put it in. Kinda took me by surprise as it was on the market for ~2 years before I bought it. Anyhoo, just had to share this y'all!!!

:eek::):):):thu:

That's great, Boggs! Congratulations!

Of course, we'll be seeing pics of the new shop someday fairly soon, right? :cool::thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Careful what you say about making plans "for the rest of your life..." We were absolutely sure we were going to die in my present home as well. I have been entrenched here since 1978 and my wife since 1987. You just never know...! It was the guitar work that pushed us over the edge and this was the last house we were going to look at. If we didn't get it, we had resigned to the fact that we were just going to redesign the basement layout for more workspace for me and BAM! We saw the house, put the offer in the same day (we knew it wouldn't last... The for sale sign wasn't even up yet nor was there a picture in thelisting online), and we had outbid somebody else and got our answer that night! It was meant to be, I guess! Boggs
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

I just got done cleaning up after using a sewer auger to unplug a stopped up drain line under the house. How many apartment dwellers get to do THAT??? :freak:

Seriously though, congratulations on your purchase. I hope it brings you many years of enjoymrnt.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

I just got done cleaning up after using a sewer auger to unplug a stopped up drain line under the house.

I can smell the flowery fragrance from here :D

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! In the N'awlins heat no less http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_108.gif

oh my gawsh - what would possess you to move out of a paradise like that?? :eek:

Are you out of your damn mind!?? That place is gorgous!

And why would someone offer you MORE than you listed for? I don't get that one...

And congrats to Boggs on the new place. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Why am I moving? I'm moving back to VT plus now that we have a 6 month old we'd prefer to be in a more community setting with neighbours etc. We've lived here for ~4 years so we've had a while to enjoy it.

The first offer was for more because they want us to pay closing but they don't have a lot of cash up front so they are borrowing the money and giving it to us in the shape of an inflated offer.

I'm still open to offers on the place if anyone else is interested....???

Archived