Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Blue Strat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bluestrat:

The funny thing is that work usually goes fine. It's when I go home to my apartment that everything sucks. :(

I sense you are speaking of loneliness???

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by BiC:

The funny thing is that work usually goes fine. It's when I go home to my apartment that everything sucks. :(

I sense you are speaking of loneliness???
That and boredom. There's stuff to do but it requires money that I don't have, and the things that are free are not fun (i.e., cleaning the apartment, etc.) :( I'm uncomfortable when I'm by myself everywhere except for a guitar shop, or maybe a restaurant. Everywhere else my adrinaline is pumping through my veins. So, I don't go out much by myself, and I don't have many friends that have free time where we can do things together. :(

I'm gone to G-town. See ya later! :wave:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Are you plugged into the single's group at your church, if they in fact have one?

I believe you talked about it before.

That was my life-line when I was single.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Hmmn, I wish I had a quick-fix for you, bluestrat.

Try to find some other folks who might jam with you now and then? Maybe there's an open-mic jam-night kinda thing somewhere around you?

It's easier for me to give advice than for someone else to try to follow it, but... you've got to get comfortable enough in your own skin that where you are, with others or by yourself, you're basically alright. You've got to take your own mental "space" with you wherever you go, so that it doesn't matter if it's a guitar shop or a Buzz Publicity Brain Trust Benefit for Barbara Streisand.

Hope that's helpful, or at least, not harmful, blue'!

I wanna join the single's club that your avatar is hooked up with, BiC!

Wussuppwidatt?!!?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I remember the day I heard the advice:

"Love shows up when you stop looking for it". Now, you might not be looking for love, (Or maybe you are ;) ) but I have to say, this saying is completely true. Ask people, most of them will tell you that they found their "true love" when they had finally given up looking. A slow patch of loneliness is normal...Hang in there! (And in the mean time, hang out here with us!)

A String,

Love your avatar. My wife loves it too. She collects frogs.

It's from webshots dot com. Right?

bluestrat,

"Don't be sad :( Be happy :D "

You helped me with my quest for the perfect (and cheap) OD :cool:

Music123 had a Mystic Blues on ebay for $34.99 (plus $8 s/h). I had seen it on Musician's Friend for $39.99 and it used to be $69.99 before that. The last time I saw somethin' I wanted (Ibanez R99 Chorus) it kept getting cheaper until it disappeared from the market. I wasn't going to take the same chance with this. It was over in 3 hours and I had to check into my hotel (I'm staying in Lexington); so I snapped it up. ;)

So, bluestrat, thank you for saving me before the holy grail of cheap OD's disappeared from earth forever :cool:

BUT, if you still need company, ".. seek and ye shall find ..", at church that is.

I'm available for jams anytime :D (on the weekend of course, and not this weekend :( )

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Mike Gug:

Blue, church singles group? Yes or no?

No. My church doesn't have one. And I'd feel more uncomfortable walking into a different church by myself than I would be walking into night club by myself. :freak:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

No. My church doesn't have one. And I'd feel more uncomfortable walking into a different church by myself than I would be walking into night club by myself. :freak:
Different idea: theres gotta be coffee/music houses that have local performer nights in your area. Around here, a little coffee shop with a small stage will gather 60-100 people to watch someone bare his/her musical soul as it were.

I think the biggest problem you are having though is that you are from the tarheel state. Who could be happy with tar on their heel? I for one, don't like tar on my shoes at all. :D

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. My church doesn't have one. And I'd feel more uncomfortable walking into a different church by myself than I would be walking into night club by myself.

Start one! There'd be little more fullfilling than helping others like yourself! Hey, you might catch one or be caught!

Ah, hmph... you do have school, huh. Hmmm.... Coffee shop sounds good. Open mic stuff...

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. My church doesn't have one. And I'd feel more uncomfortable walking into a different church by myself than I would be walking into night club by myself.

Start one! There'd be little more fullfilling than helping others like yourself! Hey, you might catch one or be caught!

Ah, hmph... you do have school, huh. Hmmm.... Coffee shop sounds good. Open mic stuff...

Well, I don't have school anymore. I did this too much: :bor: Grades dropped, then I dropped, and now I've got a full time job. But, the pay is extremely good. :D $16.10 before the 10% shift premium.

Maybe when I get back to G-Town I can check into some stuff like that. But, I'll be working on second shift, and that kills some of my options as far as night life. I'll have to get out during the morning or I'll have to get out after midnight. What's open after midnight? :confused: At least I'll have most of my weekends...

P.S., You've got e-mail Mike.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

bluestrat, thank you for saving me before the holy grail of cheap OD's disappeared from earth forever :cool:

I'm available for jams anytime :D (on the weekend of course, and not this weekend :( )

Glad you like the Mystic Blues. It's pretty much SRV in a box, IMO. Works great at about 60% on the gain knob with the neck pickup of my Strat or any setting at all on the Tele. It's best to set the amp clean and let the pedal do most of the work. Or, that's how I use it. :)

I'd like to get a band started, something other than doing the church thing. Don't get me wrong, playing in church is fine, but it's not as fun for me as playing rock and blues tunes. In fact, it's not really all that fun at all. It's more like work. :bor:

It's just me, a bass player, and the music director. There's a lot of responsibility on me in the arrangements, and my tone clashes with the keyboards. :evil: I'd like to recruit about another three or four guys to work with. A drummer, rythym guitarist, and maybe another guy on acoustic would be great. We could scale it back as needed, depending on the service.

Sorry to get off on a tangent. We should get together and jam sometime, maybe on some CCR. :)

I'd love to be in a band where I could play blues and heavy stuff like the Deftones, Megadeth, and Clutch. :)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Looks like you weren't alone after all blue! ;) There was company, empathy and understanding in abundance for you, right here.

I know sometimes this is place isn't enough, but it should be encouraging to you. People here respond to you and your situation, so I don't doubt for one second there are people close by who will feel exactly the same way.

Keep your chin up mate! :thu: Pour it into a song maybe, being constructive with your feelings is very therapeutic, makes you feel in control and able to deal with whatever emotion your mind can deliver. Rather than swept along by a current you have little control over.

Hope things go well for you.

Tea. :cool:

bluestrat,

I'd like to recruit about another three or four guys to work with. A drummer, rythym guitarist, and maybe another guy on acoustic would be great.
Right here, right here :wave:

I can handle the rhythm ;)

bluestrat,

I'd like to recruit about another three or four guys to work with. A drummer, rythym guitarist, and maybe another guy on acoustic would be great.

Bring it on!! :D It's Loray Baptist Church on West Franklin Blvd. in Gastonia.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Don't get me wrong, playing in church is fine, but it's not as fun for me as playing rock and blues tunes. In fact, it's not really all that fun at all. It's more like work. :bor:

Sounds as if it's becoming more of a chore. Maybe you should consider pulling back for a time until you get your juices re-energized.

bluestrat,

Bring it on!! :D It's Loray Baptist Church on West Franklin Blvd. in Gastonia.
Y'all got any tabs or anthing?

I can't make it for practices except on weekends.

Let me know more. Let's go to PM's

I started one when I was about twenty-six :cool: That's how I met my wife

:thu:

Archived