Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The return of Killer guitars

skipclone 1

Several times recently I`ve provided a link to the makers of my main electric, only to discover that the link was not active. Well they`re back, with a dandy new home page and a couple of other `makers you should get to know` besides. Have fun-

www.killer.jp

click on `killer`

The Marchione neck-through is worth a look too.

BTW, my guitar is the `Scary` natural, but with a maple fretboard.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Fond memories of Akira Takasaki.

I love the model names:

"Fascist", "Athiest", "Sinner", "Pegasus Fantasy" (???).

Obviously named by someone who speaks English as a second language.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Fond memories of Akira Takasaki.

Akira is amazing and unfortunately not well known!! I saw Loudness several times, including one time when they sang in Japanese and a little broken English and his guitar sound and his playing was absolutely KILLER although I only recall him playing ESPs :confused:

How cool! The "Scary" does look cool; I'd want a seven-string version, sort of a "Scary Seventh-Hell" model, eh?

This one, the "Diablo", looks like an interesting animal, too:

http://www.killer.jp/killer/guitar/img/diab.jpg

Note the pickup compliment...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Akira is amazing and unfortunately not well known!! I saw Loudness several times, including one time when they sang in Japanese and a little broken English and his guitar sound and his playing was absolutely KILLER although I only recall him playing ESPs
I think he played Killers towards the end. In the endorsement ad he wore traditional Kubuki makeup. I remember that they ditched the original Japanese singer and replaced him with a white guy from the US. After that they sounded like pretty much any late 80s metal band (albiet with a really great guitar player). The Japanese and broken English vocals made the band sound really cool IMHO.

http://www.metaltronix.net/img/front_pic_1.jpg

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

Akira is amazing and unfortunately not well known!! I saw Loudness several times, including one time when they sang in Japanese and a little broken English and his guitar sound and his playing was absolutely KILLER although I only recall him playing ESPs
I think he played Killers towards the end. In the endorsement ad he wore traditional Kubuki makeup. I remember that they ditched the original Japanese singer and replaced him with a white guy from the US. After that they sounded like pretty much any late 80s metal band (albiet with a really great guitar player). The Japanese and broken English vocals made the band sound really cool IMHO.

http://www.metaltronix.net/img/front_pic_1.jpg

I saw them with both singers and sadly enough, I still remember all the Japanese guys names (although I couldn't spell most of them) :)

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Deetwoit we gonna wock you....it was either them

or a band called Heroshama...they kicked ass!

LOL! It just reminded me, one time I saw them the bass player was wearing a t-shirt that said "Lock & Loll" on it :D

I'll take this one, Mahogany Back, Maple Cap, Mahogany Neck, Duncan Alnico II (n), Custom-Custom (b) :cool:

http://www.killer.jp/killer/guitar/img/yoke.jpg

The Yoke's on me :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived