Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Warmoth Neck

tchipman

A while ago I asked some questions about necks etc. and got some real good advice from a few of you. Really appreciate it. I ordered, received, and had installed a 24 3/4 scale neck for my strat. I also had an Earvana nut installed. Honestly when I first got the guitar back I was a little freaked out. I was so used to the Fender long scale and short radius. But now after a few days I'm really lovin it. The neck is made from padauk wood, red close grain, no finish, really beautiful. Rose wood fingerboard and stainless steel, jumbo frets. D'Addario 10's. The Earvana nut does just what it says. This guitar is in tune, open chords, sweet bar chords etc. I'll post some pictures later when I can get some film developed.(yes film)Thanks again to Caevan O'Shite and Guitarzan and a few others I can't remember right now. The guitar does sound different too. A little less bell like tone. More like my old LP with a splitter on the pickups. I really like it.

Tim Chipman

All my stuff is here: www.timothychipman.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pee,

I'll get some pics real soon. It really is a thing of beauty, even the luthier who installed for me couldn't get over the quality of the workmanship or the feel for that matter. I'm sure you've gone to their site and looked things over, there's many different options, woods, scale, radius,( I chose their compound radius,10 to 16). And the Earvana nut is only $25. They come without a nut so you have to buy one anyway so you're not spending much more money. Good luck.

Tim

All my stuff is here: www.timothychipman.com

Archived