Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So the DigiTech RP80 arrived yesterday......

cosmo115

Back in the day, when I used to play often, I had always wanted a delay, flanger, chorus, phase shifter, wah wah etc. etc., but I never had the money to buy them all. Now that I have the money http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_6_102.gif I can get all those effects and more for less than $80! I wish that happens with the beachfront property I've always wanted http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_60.gif

I only fooled around with it for 15 minutes or so, but so far, so good :thu::thu::thu:

I'm very impressed. It was so user friendly that I didn't even have to crack the manual open and I was able to sample everything. It really has a great range of sounds and WELL WORTH THE PRICE!!

We'll see if this changes when I try to save settings etc.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not an expert on this , but i know the larger phones sound better than the walkman style. i used my pod with smaller walkman style and it didn't sound as good as it did when i tried it in the store with the big ass headphones. i find the smaller walkman style are anemic sounding with modelers.

i would guess you would want something like the akg's or other large phones.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

i am not an expert on this , but i know the larger phones sound better than the walkman style. i used my pod with smaller walkman style and it didn't sound as good as it did when i tried it in the store with the big ass headphones. i find the smaller walkman style are anemic sounding with modelers.

i would guess you would want something like the akg's or other large phones.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_114.gif Any other opinions?

The local Sam Ash here has about 8 or 9 of the Audio Technicas on the Clearance table for $7.99...Gonna pick up a pair (or maybe two) At that price how can I go wrong!!!!!! hell I still have a pair of Radio Shack phones from the 70's...Coiled cord and everything. :rolleyes:
Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

The local Sam Ash here has about 8 or 9 of the Audio Technicas on the Clearance table for $7.99...Gonna pick up a pair (or maybe two) At that price how can I go wrong!!!!!! hell I still have a pair of Radio Shack phones from the 70's...Coiled cord and everything. :rolleyes:

Pick me up a pair!!

Yes I have a rp50 I think it's a pretty cool

practice tool.Congrats!] http://www.smileytown.com/content/emot/exct0003.gif

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

When using headphones with the RP80 I would go with ear bud style headphones. I don't think we put in enough juice to drive large headphones. I mean they'll work but not sure you'll get the volume you'll want. I have a pair of beyerdynamic (former employer) DT111 Alpha's. They work great. The larger headphones will give you better bass response but less overall volume.

Also the other thing is the jack is a mini jack. Most headphones that are 1/4" will have an adaptor for the mini plug

overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

As a user of the RP300, and now the RP300a (since I had to send in the first one for repair), I think you are going to be very happy. I can dial in just about anything I can imagine, and lots of things that someone else imagined in our cover band.

dougsthang......that must be why I can barley hear anything out of the headphones I am using with mine, I am using a big ole' pair made for a home stereo (Koss), I will have to try the earbuds. Thanks..........

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Originally posted by BriBaby:

As a user of the RP300, and now the RP300a (since I had to send in the first one for repair), I think you are going to be very happy. I can dial in just about anything I can imagine, and lots of things that someone else imagined in our cover band.

dougsthang......that must be why I can barley hear anything out of the headphones I am using with mine, I am using a big ole' pair made for a home stereo (Koss), I will have to try the earbuds. Thanks..........

Go easy on the volume at first with the ear buds. Driving those Koss (which I believe can be seen on Tattle Tail's re run's, good god that dated me) you need an external Delco car battery.

That's a joke kids, don't try this at home.

overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

Go easy on the volume at first with the ear buds. Driving those Koss (which I believe can be seen on Tattle Tail's re run's, good god that dated me) you need an external Delco car battery.

HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Yeah, they probably are that old, thanks for the advice.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Originally posted by dougsthang':

When using headphones with the RP80 I would go with ear bud style headphones. I don't think we put in enough juice to drive large headphones. I mean they'll work but not sure you'll get the volume you'll want. I have a pair of beyerdynamic (former employer) DT111 Alpha's. They work great. The larger headphones will give you better bass response but less overall volume.

Thanks, Doug!! I actually planned on using my earbuds at first, but now that you say it I will. Thanks for the info! :thu: The best part is that you saved me some http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_102.gif

FYI I had tried earbuds with my Roland Cube 15 and found they were fine for my needs too.

Now I just have to figure out how to record directly to my computer :confused: Any hints?? Any FREE software recommendations??

cosmo,

Here's a link to some free recording software: Krystal Audio

There are others out there. I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, so I haven't tried the Krystal stuff yet, but it looks interesting. As for how to record, your best bet is to plug the output signal of the rp80 into the line-in on your sound card. Don't use the mic input on your sound card, it will most likely be too noisy. Then follow the instructions with the recording software.

Jim

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

Originally posted by cosmo115:

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Pick me up a pair!!
Damnit :mad: Went last night and they're all gone :rolleyes:

I'll keep my eyes open

Lynn G

Originally posted by JimK:

cosmo,

Here's a link to some free recording software: Krystal Audio

There are others out there. I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, so I haven't tried the Krystal stuff yet, but it looks interesting. As for how to record, your best bet is to plug the output signal of the rp80 into the line-in on your sound card. Don't use the mic input on your sound card, it will most likely be too noisy. Then follow the instructions with the recording software.

Jim

Thanks, Jim!! Although it's free, it looks a bit complicated for my needs. But I'll try it when I get home.

Cosmo - Get down to RadioShack and get a 1/8" stereo mini to 1/8" inch stereo mini cable to get sound into your computer. I take the headphone output of my RP100 and run it into the stereo line input on my soundcard. Works like a charm! :thu:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

I still have my RP-1! :eek: That's not a joke!

I thought about replacing it, but I think I need to save for a decent tube amp. ;) The new RP's are wonderful. (The RP-1 was limited, even in it's time.. :rolleyes: )

HA! I still have the Digitech 21 PRO! :P

Although, I do have some pretty good settings I programmed myself. But I hardly use the thing anymore. I mainly use the BOSS Metal Zone.

And to think, I paid around $700-800 for that 21 PRO back in 1991 or so. :rolleyes:

Oh well :D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by Mudcat:

Cosmo - Get down to RadioShack and get a 1/8" stereo mini to 1/8" inch stereo mini cable to get sound into your computer. I take the headphone output of my RP100 and run it into the stereo line input on my soundcard. Works like a charm! :thu:

Thanks, Mud!!

Archived