Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Unbelievable news (playing with 1/2 of Planet X on my next C.D.) among other things

Scott Jones

Hey guys!!

It's been quite a week!

I learned that my current C.D. is now is the first round for consideration for nomination for a Grammy for best Jazz Instrumental Release....

Then if it were possible for it to get any better, I confirmed the musicians for my next C.D.

Steve Weingart: keys (with Weckl)

Virgil Donati: drums (Planet X, Vai)

Rufus Philpot: bass (Planet X)

....of course, myself on guitar....

T.J. Helmerich will be involved in engineering Virgil's drums

Anton Pukshansky (Grammy winning engineer for Santana's Supernatural) will be co-producing and mixing...

I'll be releasing this next year (summer 2005)

Just sharing some good news....

Peace,

Scott

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How cool is that! Congrats! :thu: Don't forget to stop by and say hi to us little people once and a while! :D

Is it o.k. if we say things like:

"I knew him when he was just another guy on the forum"

and

"Scott? Yah I knew him, he replied to one of my posts once. One hell of a guy."

:D:D

Originally posted by TeleCarlos:

I'm I confusing this with Racer X?

Juan Alderete is playing with Mars Volta.

Congrats!!!!

Yes,

Racer X is Paul Gilbert's old band...

Planet X is the band formed by former Dream Theater keyboardist Derek Sherinian featuring Virgil Donati and Tony MacAlpine...though recently featuring T.J. Helmerich on guitar, and Rufus Philpot on bass.....

Originally posted by Sjonesmusic:

Hey guys ... Just sharing some good news....

This couldn't happen to a more deserving person. Your talent is incredible and your committment to your talent means we all get to share and enjoy the results. Many thanks for that Scott! :thu:

Jonesy, that is so great! I'm so glad for ya! I'll have to pick that one up, for sure; be sure to let us know when it's released. (I figure I owe ya, since I've got so much great free music on my hard-drive from you and others via that thread that you started!) I'm certain it'll be a good one, too.

Hey, you should give us the blow-by-blow as you're recording it, typin' in updates and keepin' us posted as the work progresses; that'd be very cool!

Besta luck, "break a leg" and all that!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Congrats! We're very happy for you. :) As everyone says, be sure to check in with us from time to time updating us on your progress. We look forward to hearing your music! :thu:

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Hey Scott,

I really like your "O Come Emmanuel 2003" track! It's very creative & unique, and has that mid-eastern groove going for it.

Very nice job! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Now, if I can just get my brain to write some good music....

:D

I don't think that's a real problem for you.

Great news for that lineup, and the grammy process. Patience is a virtue. You keep doing what you do, and things come together!

Thanks guys!

Now, if I can just get my brain to write some good music....

:D

Your best stuff comes from your heart, not your brain... but you already knew that! Highest congratulations and best wishes, Scott! Most well deserved! Boggs
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Originally posted by FunkJazz:

i humbly bow to your ability to follow your dream to success. very cool. you're setting the bar for the rest of us slackers!!!!!

congratulations! :wave:

I second FJ's sentiments :thu:

GRAMMY :eek::eek::eek: WOW!

...and do keep us updated on the recording sessions.....(I'm sure that you dont have time for a "Mixerman Diary"...but some tidbits will be nice!

LynnG

Lynn G

Archived