Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS may soon spread to entire family!

Compact Diss

Just picked these up for my son, he is turning six in August and this is one of his presents...with full wife approval...

http://media.zzounds.com/media/fit,325by400/quality,85/brand,zzounds/p25502h-2ab827f9b280537d4e79ca4e63743155.jpg

I know he's young and we have been debating putting him into lessons for over a year now. My decision was made when we were at the shop where he will take lessons...a student was in his guitar lesson and Led Zeppelin was playing, my son walks over to a Hi Hat cymbal and begins stepping on it exactly to the beat of the Zep song. The decision making process for my wife and I was over, this kids got rhythm--

and so GAS infects another family member... :thu:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! Looks like a cool setup.

This brings up another curiosity for me tho... How many people on this forum have other non-stringed instruments in the house? I always wanted to have a drum set in the house, but the wife keeps veto'ing!

cheap, fast, good.

Choose 2.

quote:
Originally posted by Compact Diss:

Just picked these up for my son, he is turning six in August and this is one of his presents...

... this kids got rhythm--

and so GAS infects another family member... :wave:

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

My youngest son has a small drum set (to match his size :D ) and a keyboard. My oldest son has a guitar (Strat clone). My wife has a violin.

Now if any of us would practice .... :rolleyes:

we might have the beginnings of a group.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Billster I can give you my son's old Stanton set once his birthday passes on August 11th, it's pretty beat up but does a good job of making noise. Your brother will love you!

Badblues I'd love to say they are all for him and it is true but I have a love/hate affair with drums, just don't want to spend the time to learn them-the guitar is enough for me.

His drum teacher will be the drummer from a Jazz act called Dead Cat Bounce if anyone has heard of them. He teaches the kid across the street from me and I'm getting in touch with him to start my son on lesson in two weeks.

My son has always sat at GC and played with the electronics, I'll post a photo when he sees the new set, compared to the Stanton he is going to go crazy!

Archived