Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Mesa Boogie Fans?

BiC

Tell me a little bit about them. I'm interested in getting rid of my Marshall JCM 900, 100 Watt Hi Gain Dual Reverb for something with A LOT of low-end/fat distortion.

Peace :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have owne two mark III Boogies, a plain jane 60 watter and the full dress 100 watter, and they are both great amps, but if I had my druthers, I'd have the 60 water back in heart beat. It was the best-sounding amp I ever owned.

I have played through several Mark IIs, and they seem to differe a lot in tone for some reason. A buddy of mine had on that was the sweetest amp you'd ever want to play, and a store around here had a MArk II that I wouldn't throw rocks at, the tone just blew chunks. It had a JBL instead of the Celestion or EVM they usually came with, and that might have had a lot to do with it.

I have played pretty much everything they make a leat a little bit, and I don't care much for the F series, they are voiced funny somehow. Everything else is pretty great, the Reissue Mark I's, the Rectos, the Lonestars, The Blue Angels, the Subway series, the Road King(WAY too many option on that thing, but what a sound!), the Nomad series, and the Mark IV's, even the pre amps. I can get a sound I like out of all of them. I've never gotten to play one of the Heartbreakers, and I haven't found a store with one of the new Stillettos to try yet, but I am on the look-out. I think I'll like it if it's much like the description of it I read in GP. If it were gonna buy one today, I would either be the Mark IV, the Lonestar, or one of the Nomad 100 combos. All three have the sounds and features I am looking for in am amp.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Wuz up? I just got a used dc-5 real nice tone,

but right off the bat I had problems with it.

First was the push pull boost knob had to be replaced,then a power tube socket had to be replaced.Don't know if it's just me but mesa

amps seem to always have something go wrong.

This is my second one,first one was a Maverick

4x10 had for a couple months and kept blowing

the rectifier tube.Good thing they stand by

there amps,but it's a pain having it in and out of the shop all the time.I was considering

selling my jcm 900,good thing I didn't I'll

need it for a back up.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

That's weird DARKLAVA as I've had four Boogs over the years and only one problem (save tubes) with my Mark II when it was really getting on in years and after a boatload of overseas traveling with the flopping around in jets and such. My Mark IV is getting some scratchyness in the pots but it's one of the first ones. My Studio Caliber still works great after loads of flying too.

If you're into endless sustain with a singing lead sound and all sorts of crunch in between a Fenderish clean sound, you can't go wrong with Boogies.

Thanx for the feedback guys!

Looks like I'll have to wait until I get back to the states to shop around, though.

Peace :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

BiC,

I'm interested in getting rid of my Marshall JCM 900, 100 Watt Hi Gain Dual Reverb
I'll give it a good home. I will even pay the shipping to my house :D

Dave the Delirious

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I have 3 Mesa Boogie amps. I love them all!Tremoverb head, Heartbreaker 2x12 and a Mark IV 1x12.

I've played almost every amp in their line and these three, IMO, are the best of the bunch.

I gigged with the MK IV for 5 years in the early 90's, very versitle.

I recently purchased a Bad Cat Hot Cat 15, and it has changed my life! I still love my Boogies, but I just can't say enough about this new amp. If you're amp shopping, you should at least check it out.

"Never back-up more than you have to"

REAL MEN PLAY TELECASTERS!

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

BiC,

I'm interested in getting rid of my Marshall JCM 900, 100 Watt Hi Gain Dual Reverb
I'll give it a good home. I will even pay the shipping to my house :D

Dave the Delirious

:D:P:D

Archived