Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hot tip: New carved top LP w/ case 799.00

tiger85

I saw this and had to get the word out to anyone interested in a new mahogany, carved top Gibson Les Paul ( faded cherry) with a hardshell case for 799.00! Great price at Musician's Friend, they were recently selling it at 999.00. If you want a Les Paul, here's your chance! Just wanted to pass this along. :thu:Gibson Guitars
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend just got one and I had a chance to try it out over the weekend. The finish is a mat finish, not a gloss finish. The workmanship was very good. The holes where the bridge posts fit into the guitar were a little rough around the edges, but the neck joint was tight and very clean. Fret work was very good. The neck played nice. It not one of the super fat LP style necs, more of a middle of the road one as far as thickness goes. I plugged the guitar into a Fender Pro Junior and let it rip. Yikes :D:thu: With all that mahogony it wasn't hard to get a nice warm sound out of it. I was surprised at how nice of a guitar it was considering it was only $800 with case.

Jim

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

That is a good deal, on a guitar (mahogany top, Burst-Bucker pickups) that you can't get off-the-shelf anywhere else, if it is indeed specifically made for Musician's Fiend by Gibson. Looks to be a nice guitar!

The only thing I'd want to see different, would be the option of P-90 instead of the humbuckers. All-mahogany LPs with "soapbars"- like Juniors and Specials- sound fantastic!

________ http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/517536.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

shouldn't have showed me that

I Love My Guitar. I Don't Need A Different One. I Love My Guitar. I Don't Need A Different One. I Love My Guitar. I Don't Need A Different One.

ok that's helping :P

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

That is a good deal, on a guitar (mahogany top, Burst-Bucker pickups) that you can't get off-the-shelf anywhere else, if it is indeed specifically made for Musician's Fiend by Gibson. Looks to be a nice guitar!

The only thing I'd want to see different, would be the option of P-90 instead of the humbuckers. All-mahogany LPs with "soapbars"- like Juniors and Specials- sound fantastic!

________ http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/517536.jpg

all mahogany with p90's... sweet!!!!

:love:

Originally posted by Shannon:

shouldn't have showed me that

I Love My Guitar. I Don't Need A Different One. I Love My Guitar. I Don't Need A Different One. I Love My Guitar. I Don't Need A Different One.

ok that's helping :P

That's the wrong attitude to have. You should be saying, "I Love My Guitar, and It Needs a Friend. I Love My Guitar, and It Needs a Friend." Then go buy your guitar a friend. A guitar without a friend is a terrible thing :)

In an effort to improve the responsiveness of e-mail for everyone, the e-mail servers will be out of service.

We are hopeful that this change will improve the performance of e-mail.

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

WILL........YOU.........QUIT..........SHOWING......... ME........THINGS......LIKE......THAT :mad:

:thu: GASATTACK

I feel your pain brother.

Did I mention free shipping?

:D

...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

I know guys, sorry, its like offering someone you know who has a problem with booze an ice cold Coors, but what a deal! I'm broke at present and its even got me scheming....let's see.. I do have a sister in Texas that makes a good living as an attorney, as does her son...hmmmn..

GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm getting better. I went into Guitar Center yesterday to buy some strings, and what I bought was......some strings. Nothing else. (I'm very proud of myself :D ).

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

Well, I'm getting better. I went into Guitar Center yesterday to buy some strings, and what I bought was......some strings. Nothing else. (I'm very proud of myself :D ).

GUITAR CENTER! Omigosh!!!!!!! You are brave! :thu:

I've found that it helps if you think about your loved ones in a positive light while in one of those centers of pleasure... i.e. " My guitar is better than that one.. was a better deal too"

It was pretty difficult... Especially since the saleswoman I always deal with there is really cute and very cool - I always wanna buy something extra just to make her happy :rolleyes: .

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

It was pretty difficult... Especially since the saleswoman I always deal with there is really cute and very cool - I always wanna buy something extra just to make her happy :rolleyes: .

You sir, are treading on VERY thin ice! SHAME on you! Er, blonde or brunette?

:rolleyes:

Shannon,

ok that's helping
It doesn't seem to be helping me :(

Maybe I should be the one saying "I don't need a new guitar, ...." :D Telling a lie is a sin :eek: I can't do it :rolleyes:

tiger85,

its even got me scheming....let's see.. I do have a sister in Texas that makes a good living as an attorney, as does her son...hmmmn..
I didn't even have to go that far. If only you had told me five days earlier. I didn't HAVE TO pay the rent :D

Dave the Great Gaseous One

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

One final bump on this super deal. And remember, your favorite guitar store, if it carries this baby, might be willing to match the price to make a sale. Or not.

Ok, guys, where's my check? Not so loud, they might hear us you fool.

Archived