Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UPDATE: Musicplayer north-central get together in Wisconsin 7-31?

Tedster

What do those Collie-foahnianss know, anyway? So they've got a terminator for a governor.

For all of you folks in Wisconsin, I'm gonna be in the greater Appleton/Oshkosh area July 29-Aug 2. Let's shoot for a get together dinner, say perhaps Saturday, July 31st? Eh what?

BTW...PBB Paul, if you've got a gig that night, and it's not a private party, heck, we'll come out to your gig and holler "FREEEBIRRRRRD!" :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cry:

Come on. Somebody in the D.C. area? Anybody?

BTW, Ted when are you going to be back in this area? I know you need your seafood fix, and the crabs are looking pretty good this season... :D

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Man, I gotta get out there. I want to hear my cousin's new band perform. She just released a new CD. They're going to be gigging, I think the 8th, in your area.

Yeah, actually, it's a reunion of her old band. They'll be backing up The Strawbs at the Birchmere July 8th..(a couple of days!!)

Here's the info...

New St. George Reunion at The Birchmere, July 8!

NSG will be doing a 45-minute opening set for the full electric band version of The Strawbs at The Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia on Thursday night, July 8. Tickets go on sale March 1. NSGs lineup is not yet confirmed, but order tickets early as this show is sure to sell out.

Originally posted by Tedster:

Man, I gotta get out there. I want to hear my cousin's new band perform. She just released a new CD. They're going to be gigging, I think the 8th, in your area.

Yeah, actually, it's a reunion of her old band. They'll be backing up The Strawbs at the Birchmere July 8th..(a couple of days!!)

Here's the info...

New St. George Reunion at The Birchmere, July 8!

NSG will be doing a 45-minute opening set for the full electric band version of The Strawbs at The Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia on Thursday night, July 8. Tickets go on sale March 1. NSGs lineup is not yet confirmed, but order tickets early as this show is sure to sell out.

Darn it! :mad:

I've got rehearsal on Thursday night.

Oh well, I guess it's just that kind of day... :rolleyes:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

You have no idea how much I'd like to join you, Ted! :cry:

We'll be in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago the weekend before. So I miss the California get-together. (Not a big surprise, but a huge loss on my part.) I miss most of NAMM. And I miss Ted, yet again, by a tiny sliver of time/distance. :freak:

I've got to get in the car some weekend and drive to KC, but I doubt I'd be able to convince the missus to make the 8 1/2 hour trip. :freak: (Of course, that's how far Northern Illinois is from us, but you're not her family. ;) )

*sigh*

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

We're playing at a little club in Green Bay on Saturday July 31st. It's about a 45 minute drive North of Oshkosh. I would be very disappointed if we don't sieze the opportunity and get together. Phait lives in Appleton which is about halfway between Oshkosh and Green Bay.

Tedster, do you know yet when you're going to finish at the show that Saturday? Also, where are you flying into? Will you have a car?

Any other lurking Wisconsinites want to join us?

Gonna have to nail down my schedule. I, too, will be in the Northwest 'burbs of Chicago but from 7/15 to 7/19. I have a Bob Marley and the Wailors allumni in the studio the week after. Then a quick shot out to Tucson...... whew....

I'm not gonna miss a real Wisconsin get together if I can help it tho.

Actually, I'll be driving the g-can (Government vehicle)...but, I'm sure I can rent a car for the trip to Green Bay if Uncle Sam says the side trip's not authorized.

And, I'm really glad you've got a club gig that night, Paul...means I'll get to hear some kickin' pickin'...and drool over that damnable-fine lookin' PRS you've got. Green Bay, huh? Should I wear my Chiefs T-Shirt? (ducks) ;)

And hope you can make it, Jackpine!

Neil...heck, bring the family up to the airshow in Oshkosh for the week. :D Tell Denise your long-lost cousin Hector is a wingwalker with an aerobatic team or something... :D

Well, if you're in the area and want to attend a function, EoY...and you're under 21...there's no reason we all couldn't gather at a local eatery before Paul's gig...gonna have to eat anyway...

Depending on what kind of traffic you have to deal with in Chicago, it shouldn't be more than 2 and a half hours to Oshkosh.

This is going to be cool! I'll start looking for restaurants somewhere between Oshkosh & Green Bay. The only thing I need to deal with is that I need to get to Green Bay by 8:30 for setup.

And anybody who wants to hang & sit in with our band is absolutely welcome. We're very laid back about that sort of thing. It's a small stage though so we might have to take turns. :)

I'm probably available that day for a get together. If the goal is to eventually get to Paul's gig in Green Bay, we may want to do dinner or whatever in GB so the Chicago contingent can do the shorter shot up I43 rather than going around through the Fox Valley. Just an idea. Though if ya'll like Italian we could hit Victoria's in Appleton, great food last time I was there. Oh yeah, everyone better bring CD's of their stuff...

Lyrics. Wasted space between solos.

I can't tell you, but I can play it for you.

Ooooh, this is a possibility. Plus a way to show up those snobby east-coasters, who think the world revolves around Riverside Calif. :rolleyes::D

I'll have to see how things shape up. I might be able to do this.

To bad we can't all get together and bang on some instruments though... :(

Hey Tedster, when are you going to open up some of the farm land you've got for a serious wing-ding??? :idea:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Hey Tedster, I just remember that my older Brother is going to be at Oshkosh again this year.

He's with a group called JAARS (Wycliffe Bible Translatora Jungle Aviation ranch) and I think they have a booth there for recruiting.

Course he would have NO idea who G GEEZER is :P

Lynn G

Originally posted by Super 8:

I'll have to see how things shape up. I might be able to do this.

To bad we can't all get together and bang on some instruments though... :(

We may find a way to do some instrument bangin'. If we can get together a bit earlier we can get some noise in before my gig and id nothing else, everyone's welcome to sit in.

I hope you can make it!

Though if ya'll like Italian we could hit Victoria's in Appleton, great food last time I was there. Oh yeah, everyone better bring CD's of their stuff...
That's just downtown from me. But I think everyone's rootin' for GB.

It would be great for all of us to play out too...

Hey, you guys know the place, so whatever sort of food you guys want is fine by me. I like everything. Glad you mentioned about the guitar bangin'...I'll be bringing one of mine. Probably my Strat. If I sit in, it'd have to be some easy three chord banger that everyone could have fun with, or something that's common knowledge.

Super, all I've gotta do is mow the hayfield and there could be a serious shindig going on out there.

Guitar Geezer...

Wycliffe Bible Translatora Jungle Aviation ranch...that's a mouthful. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

We're playing at Heroe's on Crooks & Washington St. right downtown. I was looking around last night and the following places look pretty decent and are in downtown GB:

Hinterland brewery

Victoria's (same as the one in Appleton I believe)

Oxford's

Do you know any of these?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Tedster:

...Neil...heck, bring the family up to the airshow in Oshkosh for the week. :D Tell Denise your long-lost cousin Hector is a wingwalker with an aerobatic team or something... :D

You know I would, Ted, but that's not the problem, of course. No vacation time is the problem! :freak: That and money, but we won't talk about that now. :eek:

If I'm going to be poor, I'd rather go back to being freelance. At least then I'd be poor with flexible hours. :D:freak:

I've never been to the airshow. My brother flew up from the Chicago 'burbs a few years ago, but I don't know if he's planning to go this year.

BTW - PBB Paul - Will you be around on the 24th? I only have Saturday to visit with.. well.. everyone I ever knew in the Chicago area outside my family! :freak: But if they're not available ;) will you be playing in No. Ill. or So. Wisc.?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• 2 weeks later...

Archived