Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha RGX-TT Ty Tabor Model

TulsaBand

I am looking for a Ty Tabor model yamaha(RGX-TT)in purple. This guitar has been discontinued by Yamaha & only came in three colors. I have the Red one & am looking for a Purple one. Any help in locating one of these would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Check out www.tulsaband.com for great prices on gear.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have (had? :confused: ) a thread here for items for sale, and items that you're looking for. I was going to bump it up to the top so you could list this there, but I can't find it! :confused:

All I can find is the old thread. I thought Myles started a new one a few months ago so that we wouldn't be slogging through stuff from years ago, but I don't seem to be able to locate it.

I'm not just misremembering this, am I? :freak:

Help anyone?

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

WHEW...it was WAYYYYYY back there (june2)

bumped it for the new guys...

Thanks. For a minute there I thought I was just losing what's left of mt mind. :D

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

If you can't find the Ty Tabor model, you could mod a Strat to use the pickups it came with. All you need are two Duncan Vintage Rails, neck and middle, then a JB in the bridge (either a Jb Jr., or a full size JB should work).

After that, a set of .009 strings should do the rest of the work. Maybe a .046 for the low E, so you can do a drop d tuning. If you plan on using the trem, then a graphite nut, and locking tuners are a good idea. Otherwise, you can block the bridge, which is how I think Ty has his guitars set up these days.

you could mod a strat, but i doulbt it would feel like the Rgxtt. the yamaha's have a nice wide flat fretboard and a neck joint to die for. probably the only real similarity is the dual cutaway body. strats feel way more chunky. the rgxtt is a more lean hotrod. just my 2 cents.. which aint much once you do the exchange rate.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

strats feel way more chunky. the rgxtt is a more lean hotrod. just my 2 cents.. which aint much once you do the exchange rate.

Generally, that's true, but if you've played the newer 2004 American Standard Strats, they aren't too bad. The neck joint's easy on the fretting hand, too. Yes, the RGXTT is a lot leaner, but a lot harder to find, too.

Kind of like when I wanted a Yamaha John Myung RBX bass. Couldn't find one, so when I found its closest 5 string cousin, I bought it.

Personally, I'd do the mod on a Lite Ash Strat. I love the way that body sings, and it's awesome to play, thanks to the light ash body. Yeah, the neck's chunky and wide on that one, but I can handle it just fine. My hands aren't big, either.

oh i agree Taz, the newer strats are very sweet, i was drooling over the 50th anniversary model at the local store. :eek: have you seen the aerodyne strat? those are nice as well. i don't play bass generally but i would love to have a John Myung rbx bass, those are beautiful. i personally don't mind a chunky neck at all. after having some thin neck guitars i definately like the dimensions of a strat neck. fender has the neck down pat! my buddy has a strat deluxe, i love the neck but don't care for the noiseless pickups. and i like a humbucker in the bridge.

Archived