Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boss GT 6

biposta996

Does anybody have any advice on using the Boss GT6. I am basically used to playing direct into my amp, so i have no experience with using guitar effects pedals. I play a les paul into a marshall amp with a 4 x 12 speaker cab. I am hoping to find satriani type sounds, then use the pedal simply to set a few tones, ie, a tone for verse then a lead tone.

I also seem to only find heavily distorted tones.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Andy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if your lookin for a plug and play device...this isnt it. I have one, and in other words the presets it comes with suck..you have to tun them to your tone but after that its pretty sweet. I only use one patch (outa 340) and thats plain distortion but its good to know i have the flanger,chorus, phaser, limiter,`compressor, reverb, 2x chorus, defretter, acoustic guitar, pickup simulator, delay, feedbacker, anti-feedbacker, tremelo, slow gear, harmonist, pitch shift, pedal bend, humanizer, ring mod, slicer, short delay, pan, auto riff, sub-equalizer, guitar synth and 33 amp models, and 5 different wahs...right?

I really wanted to like this thing. I had it for about a week and tweaked for hours and hours but just couldn't get into it. It was flexible enough, but the sound just wasn't there. Not very inspiring. I traded it for a POD XT and have never looked back.

Archived