Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music Magazine search...can anyone help?

Riff Raff

I hope someone out there can help me! :) I am trying to locate a particular magazine that listed the best guitarists, and Van Halen was mentioned. :thu: All I have to go on, is it was fairly recent,(within the last few months) and.. apart from featuring Van Halen.. it also supposedly had a list of top drummers.. I think it listed Jay Osmond as one of the best. I've contacted Van Halen staff and they don't recall the magazine - so that was a dead-end. :( I'm hoping that someone out there is a magazine buff, and maybe can put their hands on this issue. As I mentioned, I don't know the name of the magazine, the exact month, or anything else other than what I've already mentioned here. I know it isn't much to go on, but I've exhausted all ideas on how to track this down. Much appreciated... :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Riff. :wave:

Rolling Stone did a "best guitarists" issue recently (that got a lot of controversy for it's choices), and Guitar Player also did a readers-poll for favorite/best in various categories.

I never actually saw the RS issue, so I don't know about the drummer thing. I don't recall GP having a section about drumming in that issue.

I don't know if that helps at all....

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Do a google search for guitar mags and visit the sites, click on recent issues or archives. Good luck. And welcome to the show!
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

Hi, Riff. :wave:

Rolling Stone did a "best guitarists" issue recently (that got a lot of controversy for it's choices), and Guitar Player also did a readers-poll for favorite/best in various categories.

I never actually saw the RS issue, so I don't know about the drummer thing. I don't recall GP having a section about drumming in that issue.

I don't know if that helps at all....

Rolling Stone kinda sucks now. Trendy at best. Besides, picking Jewel as the best rock guitarist makes no sense, not that she isn't a talented lass. :D
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Archived