Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

There is no need for Regime Change !!!! Bush is WRONG!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Dennis: [b]Take a look for your self! http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jackstraw1.html [/b][/quote]Oh man, he doesn't consider Kurds to be his people, even though they are within his country. Kind of like how we did the indians. I am so tired of this dumbass bullshit.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

As long as we're talking human rights abuses, what about all those people the U.S. is holding in Cuba? Kind of fortunate that they're not on U.S. soil and therefore have no rights, isn't it? :rolleyes:
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]As long as we're talking human rights abuses, what about all those people the U.S. is holding in Cuba? Kind of fortunate that they're not on U.S. soil and therefore have no rights, isn't it? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]What about all the people that are arrested for consensual crimes like drugs and prostitution. Like it or not, those are political prisoners. Just so I'm not taken the wrong way, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a regime change...at this point, with us having fucked with him for over a decade. I mean, sometimes you go so far down the a path, there is no going back.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by G(Jazzbo)T3: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]As long as we're talking human rights abuses, what about all those people the U.S. is holding in Cuba? Kind of fortunate that they're not on U.S. soil and therefore have no rights, isn't it? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]What about all the people that are arrested for consensual crimes like drugs and prostitution. Like it or not, those are political prisoners. Just so I'm not taken the wrong way, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a regime change...at this point, with us having fucked with him for over a decade. I mean, sometimes you go so far down the a path, there is no going back.[/b][/quote]I know what you're saying :)
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]As long as we're talking human rights abuses, what about all those people the U.S. is holding in Cuba? Kind of fortunate that they're not on U.S. soil and therefore have no rights, isn't it? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]You mean all those poor Al-Queda soldiers! Awww they didnt do nothing but support an organization that launched an insignifignat attack on the 11th of september. Its not like they are giving us details or anything. People make dumb decisions and are forced to live with those decisions, if they support al-queda, well then they pay the price......i remember a bunch of dumb folks supporting some dude named Jim Jones and followed him town to the paradise city where the grass is green and the punch is gritty. Again, you were referring to the Enemy Combattants that are locked up in cuba, right?? I would consider them Prisoners of War at the moment, since we have this tiny little war on terrorism. War aint pretty! Lets think about this, they were taken out of the desert and imprisoned in a tropical island camp, given safe haven from any shooting or bombs and are fed daily. I know it aint paradise, but it sure is better than were they came from. DCMIX

Oh, let me make this clear. I support MY troops and Support the US president. I am against Al-Quadia and against Saddam, his ways and his Weapons of Mass Distruction. I want our boys and gals to come back home safe and sound and i hope we liberate a country that will become a powerful allie in years to come. There is always a huge chance bush is wrong and there are not Weapons of MD. But our toys and intelligence is the best on the planet. Hell, the IAEA who is supposed to be the watch dawg of Nucelar stuff was as suprised as the world was to find Iran was farther advanced that we thought. I dont like it when inspectors do the "Dude, you got one over on me" dance. I think Blix and company are chasing shadows in the desert. The WofMD are underground. Of course i could be wrong! I am sure we will soon find out. Lets do our business and bring our troops home! I salute my troops, and what they are doing. Dennis

[quote]Originally posted by Dennis: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b]As long as we're talking human rights abuses, what about all those people the U.S. is holding in Cuba? Kind of fortunate that they're not on U.S. soil and therefore have no rights, isn't it? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]You mean all those poor Al-Queda soldiers! Awww they didnt do nothing but support an organization that launched an insignifignat attack on the 11th of september. Its not like they are giving us details or anything. People make dumb decisions and are forced to live with those decisions, if they support al-queda, well then they pay the price......i remember a bunch of dumb folks supporting some dude named Jim Jones and followed him town to the paradise city where the grass is green and the punch is gritty. Again, you were referring to the Enemy Combattants that are locked up in cuba, right?? I would consider them Prisoners of War at the moment, since we have this tiny little war on terrorism. War aint pretty! Lets think about this, they were taken out of the desert and imprisoned in a tropical island camp, given safe haven from any shooting or bombs and are fed daily. I know it aint paradise, but it sure is better than were they came from. DCMIX[/b][/quote]There are so many things wrong with what you've just said: How do you know they're soldiers? Why prejudge these people? Doesn't that piss all over everything the U.S. supposedly stands for? So they're treated well? what the fuck does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes: One way to win a war on terrorism is to demonstrate tha you simply will not sink to the level that the terrorists are at. The war for hearts and minds. Anyway, if you think that the policy of keeping these people locked up without a trial and stripping them of their basic human rights is fine then that's OK with me. Don't scream and shout if Saddam does likewise though, OK?

DO WE HAVE TO START THIS SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN!?!?!? [b][i] IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ....IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! .........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ...IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ....IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! .........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ...IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ....IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! .........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ...IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ....IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! .........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ...IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ....IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ........................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ................IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! .........IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! ...IT'S BEEN DONE!!!! [/b][/i] AND IT NEEDS TO STOP........... ALL IT DOES IS GET PEOPLE FIRED UP AND PISSED OFF AND DRIVES A WEDGE BETWEEN US AS MUSICIANS- AND IT'S GOING TO EVENTUALLY COST US THIS BOARD. SSS IS TOO VALUABLE A COMMUNITY TO ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. WE ALL PRETTY MUCH KNOW HOW EVERYBODY FEELS ABOUT IT -THERE IS NO POINT IN RESTATING. LET'S PLEASE END THIS NOW... [i]Friends don't let friends talk politics[/i]...

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Rog: [b][QUOTE]Originally posted by Dennis: [qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Rog: [qb] So they're treated well? what the fuck does that have to do with anything? [/b][/quote]Treated well, you say? you called it human rights abuse earler. Which is it? Thats what the F*** it has to do with anything. They may be imprisioned, but they are getting better treatment as prisioners than they did as soldiers. They now have housing, food and access to medical treatment. There are homeless in the US that dont have what they have.

[quote]Originally posted by Dennis: [b]Yo Super 8, Has it been done? I was unclear by your thread! :-) Dennis[/b][/quote]Yes, please re-read it as many times as necessary to get it into your head. It's time to stop this. I'm completely serious. If you are unclear about how someone feels about something, please check the archives -TRUST ME, IT'S ALL THERE.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]AND IT NEEDS TO STOP........... ALL IT DOES IS GET PEOPLE FIRED UP AND PISSED OFF AND DRIVES A WEDGE BETWEEN US AS MUSICIANS- AND IT'S GOING TO EVENTUALLY COST US THIS BOARD. SSS IS TOO VALUABLE A COMMUNITY TO ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. WE ALL PRETTY MUCH KNOW HOW EVERYBODY FEELS ABOUT IT -THERE IS NO POINT IN RESTATING. LET'S PLEASE END THIS NOW... [i]Friends don't let friends talk politics[/i]...[/QB][/quote]1024 points to the man with the color bar pattern! -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b]OOOOOh! Hey, whats the cash value on those points, so I can report them on my income tax? :wave: [/b][/quote]I suppose on whether those points equate to bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes... :D Thumbs up, Super 8. There's a line between useful discussion and "murderous" fistfights (to use a Shelby Foote term), and if we're not across the line, we're getting there. -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

[quote]Originally posted by Danny M: [b]Thumbs up, Super 8. There's a line between useful discussion and "murderous" fistfights and if we're not across the line, we're getting there. [/b][/quote]BAH! Don't congratulate me! I'm no better than the 'fistfighters'! I get so frustrated because these threads just keep on re-appearing, and now I'm finding myself jumping into them! I'm slowly figuring out that useful or not, these threads aren't going to go away. Maybe they just need to run their course. So grab yourself a baton and jump into the fray! I don't see it bringing us any closer together as people, or solving any of our problems, but if we're all so determined to crack each others skulls -so be it... Funny thing though: If you look at what was happening on the boards a year ago, threads like these were few and far between. Back then it was all about the music. Maybe we have to lose SSS, or come off hating each other in order to appreciate what we've got here. Isn't that always the way... :rolleyes:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Maybe we have to lose SSS, or come off hating each other in order to appreciate what we've got here. Isn't that always the way... :rolleyes: [/quote]Very true. However, when I first joined up, I read a couple of messages that said that SSS was coming off of a major "nasty hate" period. Maybe we've hit the bottom of the cycle and are on the way back up, as things seem to have cooled off a bit in the last few days. I used a Shelby Foote term because I'm re-watching "The Civil War," and it's fresh in my mind. One thing that stands out (from the last time I re-watched "The Civil War" :D ) is that, when it came time for another election, those who opposed the re-election of Lincoln were called "traitors," and "anti-American" by supporters of the sitting government. In a sense, it's comforting to know that, because it simply proves that the more things change, the more they stay the same. I digress. Maybe we do need to "lose" the board for a week or so, have Craig delete all the political threads, and then treat all further religious and political threads as spam. All the OT sillyness can continue, but we can do without the futile "skull-cracking." Craig has said (on more than one occasion) that discussion is valuable, but I think we've run out of value at this point. -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

Just so everyone knows they missed their chance to protest regime change by 5 years. You didn't protest then, so I can't take you seriously now. Regime change was never a focus until: "So long as Saddam remains in power he will remain a threat to his people, his region and the world." The best way to end that threat, he said, "is for Iraq to have a different government." President Bill Clinton, Dec. 19, 1998

I just received this: A mouse looked through a crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife opening a package; what food might it contain? He was aghast to discover that it was a mousetrap! Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning, "There is a mouse trap in the house, there is a mouse trap in the house." The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell you this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me; I cannot be bothered by it." > >The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mouse trap in the house." "I am so very sorry Mr. Mouse," sympathized the pig, "but there is nothing I can do about it but pray; be assured that you are in my prayers." The mouse turned to the cow, who replied, "Like wow, Mr. Mouse, a mouse trap; am I in grave danger, Duh?" So the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected to face the farmer's mouse trap alone. That very night a sound was heard throughout the house, like the sound of a mouse trap catching its prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital. She returned home with a fever. Now everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient. His wife's sickness continued so that friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig. The farmer's wife did not get well, in fact, she died, and so many people came for her funeral the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide meat for all of them to eat. So the next time you hear that someone is facing a problem and think that it does not concern you, remember that when the least of us is threatened, we are all at risk. And so it may be with Germany, France and Belgium one day.

[quote]Originally posted by PBBPaul: [b]I just received this: A mouse looked through a crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife opening a package; what food might it contain? He was aghast to discover that it was a mousetrap! Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning, "There is a mouse trap in the house, there is a mouse trap in the house." The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell you this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me; I cannot be bothered by it." > >The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mouse trap in the house." "I am so very sorry Mr. Mouse," sympathized the pig, "but there is nothing I can do about it but pray; be assured that you are in my prayers." The mouse turned to the cow, who replied, "Like wow, Mr. Mouse, a mouse trap; am I in grave danger, Duh?" So the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected to face the farmer's mouse trap alone. That very night a sound was heard throughout the house, like the sound of a mouse trap catching its prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital. She returned home with a fever. Now everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient. His wife's sickness continued so that friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig. The farmer's wife did not get well, in fact, she died, and so many people came for her funeral the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide meat for all of them to eat. So the next time you hear that someone is facing a problem and think that it does not concern you, remember that when the least of us is threatened, we are all at risk. And so it may be with Germany, France and Belgium one day.[/b][/quote]Err... So, if the farmer hadn't have put out the trap (because the mouse was such a grave threat, I assume) then his wife would not have died from that snake bite. But his attempt to use violence to solve his problem went awry; so he felt the need to kill many more, larger animals in a futile attempt at damage control. I bet he wished that he had let the snakes take care of the mice, and put his energy into cleaning up his own house. :wave:

"Well, the United States does not relish moving alone, because we live in a world that is increasingly interdependent. We would like to be partners with other people. But sometimes we have to be prepared to move alone. You used the anthrax example. Think how many can be killed by just a tiny bit of anthrax, and think about how it's not just that Saddam Hussein might put it on a Scud missile, an anthrax head, and send it on to some city he wants to destroy. Think about all the other terrorists and other bad actors who could just parade through Baghdad and pick up their stores if we don't take action. I far prefer the United Nations, I far prefer the inspectors, I have been far from trigger-happy on this thing, but if they really believe that there are no circumstances under which we would act alone, they are sadly mistaken." -PRESIDENT CLINTON 1998

Archived