Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitarist Needed (other musicians as well)

XevKai

: : M U S I C I A N S W A N T E D : :

Cursed Eternity is looking for a few talented musicians to help complete their line-up. They are in need of a bass player, second guitarist, and a vocalist. Cursed Eternity has just recently released their first EP in March of 2004, and are out promoting is as of now. Serious dedicated players are needed to fill out their lineup. Here is a little about the band:

Cursed Eternity: Melodic heavy metal from the outskirts of Detroit, Michigan. The band's sound has evolved into their unique blend of melodic dark metal, drawing from a myriad of influences ranging from Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, and Savatage to the more extreme side of Borknagar and Crematory. This ever evolving form and over the top live performances will definitely leave you wanting more....

Influences (in depth): Borknagar, Iced Earth, Death, Blind Guardian, Savatage, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, Crematory, Overkill, COF, Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Kreator, and other true metal act.

We are NOT looking to be the next Slipknot, Disturbed, Korn, or Limp Bizkit. That shit can stay in the mall. We are a Heavy Metal band not a Mall-core act.

What you should have:

- The ability to play shows as often as possible. We try to play from 2 - 6 times a month mostly on the weekends. - Make it to rehearsals twice a week

- Professional Gear (Vocalists, this is an option we own a PA system)

- Your own transportation (we have ways to get the gear to and from shows, but you must get yourself to and from rehearsals)

- Professional Attitude: Ready to make the sacrifices needed to make it in this industry. Got to love to promote your band to everyone and everyone

- Experience isn't necessary, but is definitely a plus!

IF you're interested Email Joe @ joe@cursedeternity.com, with your name, what instrument you play, and some details about yourself. Include your phone number so we can contact you right away.

I am sorry for the spelling errors above.... Im too lazy to correct them :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO, you currently comprise of a guitar player and a drummer (unless you are a hard-core metal band with a keyboard player, string section and a ukele!)....?

That EP must ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'll play if you can get to Guildford, UK for rehearsals....

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

I'd play, but since I'm a Christian, I don't think I would fit into your repertoire. :P

Anybody care to join my band???

It's called, " Everlasting Punishment ". ;)

How about you, Base??? :D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by XevKai:

: : M U S I C I A N S W A N T E D : :

Cursed Eternity is looking for a few talented musicians to help complete their line-up.

I'm a very talented guitarrist but I live in Costa Rica. So if you want to have a tropical life and complete line-up, I'll be waiting for you ¿Are you coming?

Originally posted by BiC:

I'd play, but since I'm a Christian, I don't think I would fit into your repertoire. :P

Anybody care to join my band???

It's called, " Everlasting Punishment ". ;)

How about you, Base??? :D

Sounds like marriage :D
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

I'm starting a theologically/sociologically/politically/sexually neutral semi-heavy metal band called Unbelievable Effrontery. We won't be pro- or anti- anything, because we intend to equally offend everybody who hears us(this IS America, after all). I need a mandolin player who can really crunch out the power chords(I'll settle for a shamisen player with a bad haircut), A tabla player who isn't hindu(can't have any vegetarians, we may have to kill and eat our own wild game to survive) a bass saxophonist, and someone who can program a hurdy gurdy. Oh, and we simply must have a genius mastermind vocalist who isn't afraid to strut their Rosemary Clooney/Jim Neighbors/Perry Como licks.

Rehearsals begin on July 4th in Nepal, so pack it up now and be waiting for me when I get there. Succesful candidates will provide their own tranportation, lodging, cutlery, nutrition, water, and laundry service. Oh, and bring dishwashing detergent, cause I ain't washing 'em for you. Don't miss this opportunity for a truly life-changing experience...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Count me in picker! If I can get my backup band and dancing girls ( a vanload of recent Klopstockian immigrants) across the ocean in time for rehearsals we will rock the night away. My people are a good, talented group and can aptly play a mixture of jazz, polka, heavy metal, Salsa and Welk. We even have our own PR agent, a dedicated young woman who has worked with some of the eastcoast's greatest guitar, panflute, and rock masterminds. We also have our own mobile kitchen and lounge so that should help a lot. We will contact you as soon as the last full moon disipates ( the heavy metal guy's one condition)

See ya soon! :wave:

...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

May I suggest the following edit to your otherwise genius post?? :thu:

Originally posted by picker:

I'm starting a theologically/sociologically/politically/sexually neutral semi-heavy water band called Unbelievable Effrontery. We won't be pro- or anti- anything, because we intend to equally offend everybody who hears us(this IS America, after all). I need a mandolin player who can really crunch out the power chords(I'll settle for a shamisen player with a bad haircut), A tabla player who isn't hindu(can't have any vegetarians, we may have to kill and eat our own wild game to survive) a bass saxophonist, and someone who can program a hurdy gurdy. Oh, and we simply must have a genius mastermind vocalist who isn't afraid to strut their Rosemary Clooney/Jim Neighbors/Perry Como licks.

Rehearsals begin on July 4th in Nepal, so pack it up now and be waiting for me when I get there. Succesful candidates will provide their own tranportation, lodging, cutlery, nutrition, water, and laundry service. Oh, and bring dishwashing detergent, cause I ain't washing 'em for you. Don't miss this opportunity for a truly life-changing experience...

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

:(:(:(

Bad news: My backup band and dancing girls have just joined up with a quasi-religious political oyster cult and left for a cabin in Montana this morning. Or was it a lemon grove in So Cal? Anyway they're gone, the wife is back in town and the rooster feels safe again. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Originally posted by picker:

I'm starting a theologically/sociologically/politically/sexually neutral semi-heavy metal band called Unbelievable Effrontery. We won't be pro- or anti- anything, because we intend to equally offend everybody who hears us(this IS America, after all). I need a mandolin player who can really crunch out the power chords(I'll settle for a shamisen player with a bad haircut), A tabla player who isn't hindu(can't have any vegetarians, we may have to kill and eat our own wild game to survive) a bass saxophonist, and someone who can program a hurdy gurdy. Oh, and we simply must have a genius mastermind vocalist who isn't afraid to strut their Rosemary Clooney/Jim Neighbors/Perry Como licks.

LOL :thu:

Originally posted by tiger85:

Bad news: My backup band and dancing girls have just joined up with a quasi-religious political oyster cult and left for a cabin in Montana this morning. Or was it a lemon grove in So Cal? Anyway they're gone, the wife is back in town and the rooster feels safe again. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

CRUD!! I was counting on that mobile kitchen nd lounge. Can't these people sense unleashed artistic honesty when they hear it? Oh, the angst of it all... :cry:

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

:D:D

Anyway, good luck XevKai! :thu:

Sounds like you guys are really dedicated to your music! That's one of the main ingredients in my humble estimation. Keep it rockin'!

Originally posted by Compact Diss:

Wow! you guys jumped all over this kid for nothing, and I got in trouble for picking on a make believe Chinaman selling gears??!?!?

Ah, we were just having a lttle fun. :(

At least this kid is posting here now.

Bad news: My backup band and dancing girls have just joined up with a quasi-religious political oyster cult and left for a cabin in Montana this morning.

Damn...it's that dental floss tycoon cult again. Thought they all went to Venus or something!
Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Bad news: My backup band and dancing girls have just joined up with a quasi-religious political oyster cult and left for a cabin in Montana this morning.

Damn...it's that dental floss tycoon cult again. Thought they all went to Venus or something!
I would have never given quarter to these folks if I had known about the dental floss tycoon cult angle. Can't trust 'em. Better to hang with better money like liquid paper heirs.

:(

http://www.cursedeternity.com/cursedmain.jpg

Arn't these the guy's that beat up Danzig?

I want to give it a try....wait you guy's

probably won't let me solo...got's to solo hanz

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by billster:

Better to hang with better money like liquid paper heirs.

:(

I know the reference! I know the reference! I know the reference! I know the reference! I know the reference! I know the reference!
mike nez... mike nezs... mike nezsi ....

micky dolans

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Born in Houston, TX, Nesmith is the son of Bette Nesmith Graham, the woman who invented Liquid Paper correction fluid. Before auditioning for The Monkees in 1965
In 1977, he designed a new television show called Popclips, in which he utilized live music clips while counting down the week's chart-toppers. The show is credited for inspiring the genesis of MTV. Nesmith's mother died in 1980 and left him half of her Liquid Paper fortune (worth over 20 million dollars). Nesmith then launched his own record and film production company, Pacific Arts, which became the number one source of American music videos in the '80s, and won the first Video Grammy for it in 1981.
Geez...such a boring life

:thu:

Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Born in Houston, TX, Nesmith is the son of Bette Nesmith Graham, the woman who invented Liquid Paper correction fluid. Before auditioning for The Monkees in 1965
In 1977, he designed a new television show called Popclips, in which he utilized live music clips while counting down the week's chart-toppers. The show is credited for inspiring the genesis of MTV. Nesmith's mother died in 1980 and left him half of her Liquid Paper fortune (worth over 20 million dollars). Nesmith then launched his own record and film production company, Pacific Arts, which became the number one source of American music videos in the '80s, and won the first Video Grammy for it in 1981.
Geez...such a boring life

:thu:

Who could have made up a story like that? And he doesn't look like Forrest Gump at all.

Originally posted by billster:

...And he doesn't look like Forrest Gump at all.

Well... maybe a little.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Isn't that Dave Mustaine, 2nd from the left??? :D:P:D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Ok, that's the Cursed Eternity promo photo from their site. But did you see the one just below on the same page?

http://www.cursedeternity.com/cepromo2004.jpg

Who the heck are these guys in the second photo?

This is cracking me up. Can't believe I missed this 3d till now! :D

Go check for yourselves on their site:

http://www.cursedeternity.com/multimedia.html

http://www.cursedeternity.com/cepromo2004.jpg

I couldn't play with these guy's,me and the

guy in the leather would be fighting.U see

the way he's looking at me?It's go time! :evil:

Archived