Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joe Satriani Cover (ICE 9)

Leon_

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite Satch tunes! :thu:

Nice job! I could critique, but I think you know how your version differs from the original. (You seemed to be going for a pretty close cover, though.) Still, if you're interested, let me know.

Always wished I could cover Satch that well. I don't think I'll ever have those chops. :(

Great job.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by YYZ_123:

I tried ..it won't let me...has to be done by the moderators...I made a mistake when posting..also you can't add new topic in Share your music...when you do it creates on e here...oh well...Enjoy !

Cheers !

Leon

==================================

www.leonmaclellan.com

www.guitar9.com/leonmaclellan.html

Umm, you hit the post "reply" button, not the "post new topic" button and what I meant by the move the thread to the "Share Your Music" thread is post it there and, on your first leaf here, remove the link and place a short statement or link to the other thread.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

"Surfing with the Alien" and "Justice for All" are pretty much all I listened to during the last few months of my senior year in HS. Your track brings back warm memories.

"Ice 9" was always my favorite song on that album. Funky but sinister (FYI it's named after lethal security software in a William Gibson novel). I tried to learn it but never got past the clean chords and the main riff.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Awesome dude! :thu: Great job!

Ice-9 came from Kurt Vonnegut Cat's Cradle. If I remember right, it was a way to stack water molecules so that water froze at room temperature.

Marc

Searching for a new sig

Nice work.

May I make 1 suggestion...

When your re-working a track, if you cant nail a part exactly...don't fudge it.

Add your own spice instead.Especially if a piece is as well known as this one. The parts that don't quite get there tend to stand out and distract from the rest of your playing...which is pretty good btw.

Swap out those parts and add in some of your chops.

I'd rather hear you being you, than you being him.

Keep shredding! :D

EDIT:

I just checked out some of your album tracks. SWEET STUFF!!!

Very smooth & straight from the soul. Great tones too.

Not a trace of what I was refering to above.

That's the $hit I wanna hear! NICE :)

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

Archived