Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

not good news about EVH/Boston Herald 6/29

Compact Diss

-------------------------------------------

Eddie's antics made some patrons Jump-y

By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Don't say we told you so but Eddie Van Halen caused quite the stir in Sonsie last week!

The aging rocker, who has set up camp in Boston while his band tours the East Coast, made a couple of bizarre appearances at the Back Bay boite, leaving patrons and employees wondering if Eddie's in Big Trouble.

First off, the big-haired axeman wandered into the Newbury Street hotspot with his own bottle of wine, which the management promptly took away.

Eddie returned a few nights later, seeming raaather disoriented. He went up to a table where two young things were dining, stuck his fingers in their water glasses, then proceeded to bless them - papal style with the water - and stumble out.

The rocker's camp, when contacted yesterday, had no comment.

File under: Where Have All The Good Times Gone???

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

Yeah, my one professional experience with Mr. VH, about 7-8 years ago, involved similar behavior...

I guess Wolfie is getting a good education while travling with papa...

:rolleyes: Say a prayer for the guy don't be a dick.
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Sorry...love the guy to bits...he's my alltime favourite player...

But celebrities acting like DORKS because their drunk/stoned/stupid deserve no sympathy.

He might be one of the finest axemen ever,

but considering his cancer scare and him still smoking, and this sort of drunken crap...

Eddie, do yourself a favour...

Put down the bottle and GET A GRIP!

How can we fight ignorance and apathy?

Who knows! Who cares!

Originally posted by Compact Diss:

He went up to a table where two young things were dining, stuck his fingers in their water glasses, then proceeded to bless them - papal style with the water - and stumble out.

Well, he is a guitar-god, isn't he?
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Jedro:

Originally posted by Compact Diss:

He went up to a table where two young things were dining, stuck his fingers in their water glasses, then proceeded to bless them - papal style with the water - and stumble out.

Well, he is a guitar-god, isn't he?
Not all guitar gods act like he does, though. My man from Long Island, John Petrucci, has chops that'll rip your head off, and songs that actually are about the length of you typical dream. (If you don't believe me, do a search on dreams and dream patterns on Google.) Hence the name of his band, Dream Theater. :) They may not be as popular as Ed, but the aspiring kiddies would do well to learn a thing or two from a more disciplined, yet creative fellow like John.

He's also happily married, has nice kids, and isn't known for being a drunk. Hardly typical "rock $tar" behavior.

P.S. If you've ever seen pics of John's wife, Rena, I'd see why he's learned to behave like a man should. ;)

Agreed. I saw a guy about a year ago at a music store in town, he was wasted and picked up a guitar and tried to play it, sounded pretty bad, like a real beginner. Turned out he was a guy I had once worked with at a medical supply company in the early 80s. He was once quite a player and gigged with some top local bands. According to one of the co-owners of the music store this guy came in once in awhile and was basically living in the streets. Sad case.
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

This may be something Eddie will struggle with for the rest of his life. I just read the article in Guitar (?) and he talked about his therapy and how he now realizes his guitar playing is a gift from God and that he was on the right track so this was upsetting to me. The guy was, will always be my guitar idol. I picked it up because if him. Too bad--hopefully he can get it together again--I would hate to see him go out like some others we know (Kurt, Jim, Jimi)yeah yeah yeah the list goes on....

damn this thread is just so much internet drivel...guitar god should *do* this-guitar god shouldnt be *doin* this-why cant guitar god *be* like this...

let it go. guitar god is not reading this-he is in his own little world...

listen to the music and like it or hate it.

s :cool:

there, i feel better now :)

meds are kickin in too :freak:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Both Eddie and Al drank a LOT over the last 30 years. I believe their father may have had problems too.

While he's a brilliant musician, I think he may have killed off a bunch of brain cells. He doesn't come off too bright in interviews.

As for smoking after cancer, all I can say is the guy needs some serious help.

I hope he gets it.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Archived