Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recorded a jam with my now complete Prototype!! Clip here... Boggs

Boggs

A couple of clams, but not too bad. For some reason though, when I save the wav file to mp3, it seems to overload causing a lot of clipping that is not in the raw wav file. I don't get it... Anyway, here's the proto with Beef&Boggs... I tried to go for a more Metheney-esque tone. The tone control was rolled back a bit. The proto is lead (which I don't do very well... Not enough playing time). Boggs

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Cyberjam/BeefandBoggs1.mp3

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tone!

But... izzatt supposed to be only nine seconds long? I only get a few notes of the "lead" coming in, and the whole schebang is over!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Nice! I like the tune, too. Sounds like your work really paid off.

Hey, can anyone tell me, if I want to post a tune, do I need to have it stored elsewhere on the web and post a link in the appropriate spot, or is there a way to post the file here on the forum?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

It is the full bridge humbucker plus the neck coil of the neck pickup. The neck uses Carvin's Holdsworth H22N and the bridge is Carvin's new Duncan killing C22B.

The clip is a bit under 2 minutes. Try right clicking on the link, hit properties, and copy the url to the address window and try loading it that way.

The backing is all keys provided by a friend on another forum. Boggs

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Excellent Boggs!! You don't mind if I keep that on my computer do you? It's an excellent surf the web background song. I like the sound of your self made axe. I'm truly jealous. I hope to do such a project some day, possibly upon retirement for the work routine.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Weird; I've tried three different ways to download the clip, and it's always nine seconds long.

A toneful nine seconds, though!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by picker:

Hey, can anyone tell me, if I want to post a tune, do I need to have it stored elsewhere on the web and post a link in the appropriate spot, or is there a way to post the file here on the forum?

You have to upload to a different location and then post the link here (Preferabley in the "Master Post Area").

Sweeeeeeet!

Great tone, Boggs. You must be awfully happy & proud. Congrats!

Nice tune, too. There's something very calming about it, with a real positive vibe. Nice work. :thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

WOW! Thanks for all the kind words, guys! Yeah... I'm pretty proud of her, for sure! I took both guitars into the Great, Great, House Of Guitars this morning to show them off a bit and the owner first said to me how he loves the bodies of them as they are really very different and they work! Then he told one of his guys to take the prototype back and try it out and he sent me upstairs to chat with their technician and luthier (with them for 35 years) and show him the padauk one which is now strung up for testing (but no electronics yet). I wanted some feedback on how I might shape the neck joint. He was very gracious.

The guy who took my prototype to try out and another guy that also works there came back and I said to the co-owner that he was smiling and that's a positive sign... The owner said that that is very unusual for him... He's a real fussy guy and will pull no punches on his opinions. The guys were trying to figure out what kind of wood the top especially was and I told them it was the cheap European plywood. Mr. fussy said he was pretty sure it was plywood but the other guy was floored. When Mr. fussy gave me the guitar back, he looked back at it a couple of times and told me that the padauk one has more string articulation when unplugged but the prototype has a real, genuine charm to it. It is really a charmer! Then he kept looking at it as I put it back in the bag... :D It was a good day!! Boggs

Wow Boggs! And this is only the prototype? You aren't trying to cheat us here, are you?! ;):D

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

That's the prototype... The padauk/mahogany guitar even though they are built the same way sound very different acoustically (unplugged). The prototype is louder, but the padauk is more articulate. The guy from the HOG acknowledged the unplugged string articulation advantage the padauk guitar has over the prototype, but that is when he made the statement about the proto having a whole lotta charm... These guitars will compliment each other extremely well, I think!

I forgot to mention...

Andy, who is a manager at the House of Guitars wrote "The Beatles Gear Book" as he is the world renoun Beatles historian and is a founding member of The Chesterfield Kings seen on SNL and episodes of The Sopranos recently will be coming back from touring in Europe on the 6th of July and I was invited back to the HOG where he is a manager so he can audition my guitars! How cool is THAT?! Boggs

Archived