Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yardsale find: Epiphone Electra Amp

Jedro

Can anyone tell me anything about this amp? A friend found it at a yard sale for $15. I would guess it's from the 60s, just by the styling. I've only seen it, haven't played it yet. He tell me it works fine, and other than the fuse cap being a little loose and a couple of volume/tone knobs missing, I imagine it would be a great little amp. Anybody familiar with it? I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if it needs work, and old Epi tube amp is easily worth $15. ANY old tube amp is probably worth that. I used to have a little Pacemaker. I sold it to a friend that has a few other Epi's, for his collection. For that price, anyone can afford to go through it and make it a nice little amp.

Tele :freak:

Is there a model number? Maybe a tube chart in the cabinet? That would narrow it down. So would a pic.

Also, if there's a multi-digit number anywhere on the speaker, that can help you date it (assuming the speaker is original).

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Years ago I had a couple of old Epiphone amps. If they are the old gray tube ones like I had they're certainly worth 350.00 -400.00 dollars or more. IF they are the old ones. Yes, a picture would be quite helpful.
...touched down in the land of the Delta Blues.....in the middle of the pouring rain....

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

it may not be an old amp. epiphone make some retro looking stuff.

It's definitely older. Just through my experience with vintage amps. From what I can tell through surfing the net, it's from the 60s. Here's a photo of one like it. http://www.willwillis.us/Pictures/Gallery/images/PB270015.jpg
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Archived