Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS Got To Me - Gibson LP Studio Lite

ridger

Well today I let GAS get the better of me. I bought a 91 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite. It is transparent red with black hardware. The guy said he bought it new in 92 and played it a little and put it up. It had been in his closet all these years. I'm having it set up, cleaned and repairing the toggle swith. It just needed a little TLC. Do any of you own a LP Studio Lite? How do you like it?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was that old disco song, "It's rainin' Les Pauls, hallelujah..." oh no, that was "rainin' men", well we like Les Pauls better anyway. Congrats on your GAS, got pics???
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Everybody but me seems to buy a Les Paul in just a matter of weeks! I want to join the club too! :cry:

Congrats! Hope you'll get her neatly fixed up!

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Don't own one of them, but I did jam on one that belonged to this guy I met once where I used to live years ago, this girl's housemate; it was solid hot pink! Almost Pepto-Bismol pink!! With all shiny black-chrome hardware, and I think it had a different control layout than the usual for a Les Paul; three knobs, if I recall correctly.

And, true to the name, it was a real featherweight, with a contoured body. Still had most of the usual LP thing goin' on, though, plugged in. But it sounded a tad light "unplugged".

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

"i remember those Caevan. they were made of a special wood i believe."

As a matter of fact, it might have been; there were some Gibsons that were made of what they called "Chromyte" (I have no idea where they got the name from), that was really a high-tech, glorified particle-board, if I recall correctly. Some kind of resin and wood fibers composite or somethin'. They made som weird, broom-handle/Steinberger-like headless basses out of it, among others.

I seem to remember balsa being mentioned somewhere before, concerning some Gibsons.

High grade balsa is not the chintz that those little toy gliders invoke, though! It's pricey stuff.

Archived