Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Little Lanilei experience?

daddyelmis

Anybody played any of the Little Lanilei amps? Curious to know how they sound, tone, etc. In my constant quest to reduce the junk I have to haul to gigs, I'm starting to consider a strategic move to a couple (maybe even 3) small wattage amps. I mic my current amps all the time at gigs anyway.

The Super 7 (7 watts) sound interesting, but I wonder how good the stock 6 1/2 inch speaker is at nice round tone.

Anyway, looking for some comments from users.

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here's my miniscule experience with Little leilani products.

I ordered the reverb pedal from the rep here in Canada, it arrived and was not working properly. I have much experience with pedals/electronics and even have built a few pedals. In short, the pedal was not happening. I sent it back and the rep insisted that the pedal was working "fine". Sufice to say I have not sought out any Little Leilani products since.

If you want to gig, why fight the tone? Go for a 40 watt Fender tube combo and be done with it! That's versitile gigging tone in my books. ;)

Wow -- terrible service.

I've got a Bassman RI that I absolutely love, and a nice Marshall 20watt that I love. However, in my band we run everything through the board. Therefore, 40watts is absolutely wasted on me, and I can't drive the power tubes where I want them without killing the stage volume. I'm using an attenuator, which works very well, but I hate lugging the Bassman when it never sees volume over "4."

My thought is to go with small 5 to 10 watt amps. Put 2 or 3 on stage for clean, overdriven and full out, and mic all to the board.

The Lanilei amps look very interesting . . . but your experience with the rep is disconcerting.

www.ruleradio.com

"Fame is like death: We will never know what it looks like until we've reached the other side. Then it will be impossible to describe and no one will believe you if you try."

- Sloane Crosley, Village Voice

Archived